hans solo

Celeste84

well it's been a while since this guy was hatched :) he's a good size now, and i removed him from the 3ft tank as he was chasing the girls :-/ he's now in 80L with 2 females, so he has plenty of room to grow! he's just like his dad, even right down to the red dot on his head! and don't worry about the red dot on his cheek, it's not an infection, it's his gills! i had a good look after i saw the photo (panic mode), and i realized that i could see his spine, his swim bladder, various guts and tummy, his gills were the red areas (sigh of relief) and out of curiosity i looked at him real hard, and sure enough, i could see his brain! cool eh?? he takes cellophane to a whole new meaning for me, he's almost like one of those glass fish! makes me wonder if he'll colour up and become less see through as he gets older.

anyways this is him now, the rays in his tail are thickening up so i think they're gonna split, i have good hopes he'll be a delta or SD as his mum was HM geno, and he certainly has the spread for it when he flares. i dunno why the pics are less see-through than he is IRL, maybe it has something to do with the flash?

hanssolo2.jpghanssolo1.jpg

he shouldn't be a PK, his mum was a longfin HM geno ER cambodian with heavy branching, and his dad was a dalmatian/ orange-yellow marble VT. i think he's about 12 weeks old, maybe 13. his fins should be sprouting very soon :lol: i'm not expecting much colour in him for several more months as his mum took 6 months to fully colour up herself.

this is the dad:

100_5322.jpg100_5340.jpg

and this is the mum (she became ER later when she finished colouring up):

cambo_girl.jpg

i know! i lost his dad today (poor thing wasted away for no reason i could find, he was wormed, treated for infections, everything i could think of), so i'm really impatient for hans to grow up so i can cross him to the HM geno yellow girl i have (she's starting to get a pineapple pattern, weird eh?).

ROFL! yeah i know, she really was a tart, so it matched the over the top make up XD

stace, the yellow girl is rather petite, so i think hans solo will do - he's almost the same size as her now! so another month or two will be fine :lol: i want to spawn the half giant first, and i only have one spawning tank :-/

HE is a SHE T_T yesterday i noticed this small triangular area behind the tummy. wasn't there yesterday, and i was hoping it wasn't ovaries. today it's doubled in size and i can see a small ammount of round white dots in there T_T

ah well, at least i've got a matching female for any dalmation boys i get!

it's weird. the mum came from a spawn of 50+ females, not a single male. and now the only fry i've got outta her is female too!

edit: it also explains why the fins hadn't sprouted yet :)

naw the name still stands, even if it is weird for a girl LOL

and stace, i know, i think this time was cause i had my heart set on a little boy *sighs* that said, i now have the rare dalmation female! so yeah, i might lend her to you when she's bigger LOL

Archived