How many females?

panicFREAK

Ok so the other day i went to my lfs to pick up some goldfish for our pond and i looked at the bettas they had. I found a teeny tiny CT female in the smallest cups i've ever seen. I wasnt sure whether i should get her or not so i went away and looked around for some stuff for my puppy. Anyway i just couldnt leave her there so i rushed back hoping no one had taken her and then to my suprise i saw another CT female, about the same size. I asked how much they were and was told that the CT females were $9. :) I couldnt believe the price as i know of 2 other stores who have females alot cheaper than that. Anyway i thought what the heck and got them both :)

So i have totally fallen in love with these 2 and now am deciding to have just female bettas in my 80l tank. I think at the beginning of the thread i was wanting some tetras aswell? Well scrap that idea.

So how many females should i get and will they get along with any bottom dwellers such as plecos and corys?

So how many females should i get and will they get along with any bottom dwellers such as plecos and corys?

Waterwise, you could support a lot, but for territory, I'd say you could comfortably fit about 7 or so, with the accompanying cory tribe :photo:

If they'll all get along is a whole other kettle of fish, that will need some careful watching and waiting. Have a spare bowl or something handy in case one turns out to be a complete chomper!

Archived