Heating Cord

kitstyles

thanks kit for the pics,

i wanted to see if mine was ok

here is a pic of mine its a shelf i made, as you can see the heat cord is in channels in the wood an above were the tanks sit ive got moon lights

P1010071.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah they work my tanks stay at 26c some times it goes up an down by 0.5c

the only reason why im using them is because my tanks are divided an i didnt want to buy 6 heaters and figured this was a better option for me to heatthe tanks

what would make them more appealing then a normal tank heater?

I'm about to try this with jars for my juveniles. For me, the appeal is that I don't have to set up a complicated drip system, the fish don't have to share water, and I don't have to use multiple heaters or heat the room.

Yeah, thats pretty good being that it is winter. What happens in summer or when it gets warmer? as to my knowledge these cords dont have tempreture sensors or switches to turn it down will these cords still be able to used?

probably just have to remove the towel? lol

Yeah, thats pretty good being that it is winter. What happens in summer or when it gets warmer? as to my knowledge these cords dont have tempreture sensors or switches to turn it down will these cords still be able to used?

probably just have to remove the towel? lol

yeah remove the towel lol... or if still too warm then just remove 1 of the row.. I found heating cord is better than barracks is beacuse they are easy to clean, easy to do water change and like battrazzi said fish don't share same water like barrack..

i dont know abot if it will burn threw the foam cause mine is in wood but i dont think my 25w would melt foam

if water falls on the cord it wouldnt cause any damage or risk because they are water proof

kit i think even though mine is only a 25w and im only using one extra row its keeping close to the temp of your higher watt one because the wood is acting like a contuctor i guess cause the cord is heating the wood aswell and the wood is warm if that makes sence lol

i dont know abot if it will burn threw the foam cause mine is in wood but i dont think my 25w would melt foam

if water falls on the cord it wouldnt cause any damage or risk because they are water proof

kit i think even though mine is only a 25w and im only using one extra row its keeping close to the temp of your higher watt one because the wood is acting like a contuctor i guess cause the cord is heating the wood aswell and the wood is warm if that makes sence lol

oic... but I'm heating 7 8x8 inch tanks.. but I dun think wood transfer heat. well doesn't matter as long as it work for both of us so far :)

do you think they will burn throught foam?

I wouldn't worry about it burning through foam. If it got hot enough to burn through the foam I reckon you'd be more upset that all your fish got cooked. You wouldn't even notice that the foam had melted. I'm not sure what temperature foam melts at but I suspect it has a much higher heat tolerance than a betta.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kitz, where are you getting your heating cords from? The one's that actually arrived, that is, not the one that you've been waiting forever to get. :lol:

I got them from this ebay seller : rsm040, he offer express aus post with tracking number, my last cord arrive with in 4 days... he got a website with phone no. and address.. here you go

http://www.pythons.com.au/Reptile_Products_heating.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Just thought if you were still interested in heating cords you can get them from a person on Ebay who seems to have really reasonable prices. He/she sells other fish stuff (so check out there store) as well which i have compared a few products and seem to be about 20% cheaper on average then retail. There on the Gold Coast so its only about 30mins drive for me in which i wouldnt have to pay for postage.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Reptile-Heat-Cable-...oQQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone know which shops in Melbourne sell reptile supplies? I'm tired of shopping online. I want to walk into a real shop, touch it, feel it, look at it, see what else they have etc. I've also found that online sales take so long to arrive. And if you have a question, it can be a couple of days before you get a response if at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived