Sign in to follow this  
Bettarazzi

Transhipment dates

Is there a regular schedule of dates that fish are shipped from Asia? So if we bid on something on Aquabid are there regular dates that we need to aim for? I noticed that Jodi mentioned June 4 as one of the shipment dates (in the Aquarama topic). When is the next one likely to be? Do we have to contact Jodi before we bid on a fish?

someone appears to still be doing regular shipments. But I really reccomend contacting someone before bidding just to make sure that the fish you want will be able to make a shipment that is close.

I've emailed her about the ones she's got for me and asked her about the green I've now bid on but because she doesn't reply often the auction will close. I just hope she doesn't wait too long to reply or to do another shipment from Thailand or I might lose my money and the fish :)

shipments are approximately every 2 weeks. It is not possible to set an exact date until about 5 days before export, and even that can change. there are too many variables.

Why would you lose your money/fish? Most sellers are capable of holding a fish for 2-3 week. Heck, even i can do that!

Keep track of your auctions. Make a list of what you have won and from who. Let them know they should contact Preecha for transhipping (ammara555@hotmail.com) Let Preecha know you have won a fish from XYZ and send the seller's email contact and phone number if possible. That way Preecha and put them on his contact list and inform when the fish have to be prepared for transhipping.

Only send emails to someone@internode.on.net This is the only account checked daily. Sometimes I do not get in until 2am - so don't expect immediate replies. If your mail is missed, send again. I receive over 100 emails a day. Do not PM - it will not be answered.

HTH cheers, J

holy cow someone i was just about to send you an email but see'ing as how you get over a hundred a day i'd feel bad for bothering you. thanks for clarifying all this up for us JL, we needed it lol.

Jodi, can you please give us the contact details for Malaysian and Singaporean transhippers as well? That is, the equivalent of Preecha. Or if anyone else has those details could you please post here?

I found it in 1 of the e-mail that someone sent me awhile ago.. and I will post another thread about importing the fish..

This is Preecha Ammara in Bangkok

(ammara555@hotmail.com)

Sign in to follow this