Ahh! Inspired! (56K warning)

Callatya

s-l-o-w-l-y

We had a minor hiccup with a red claw. It shed the day after I bought it, and since it was a feeder, I doubt that it had been fed in weeks so it got too exhausted to finish. It got almost everything off except for its tail and the last two sets of legs. I waited as long as I could, but ended up snipping it out with nail scissors. Thankfully it was very co-operative and the perfect size. It was big enough to see, but small enough to hold in one hand.

QuadShed.jpg

We also had an escapee, but he was located under a beanbag and after a bit of emergency washing-under-the-tap he was popped back in his box to rehydrate :) Alls well :lol:.

It is crayfish bedlam here at the moment :thumbs: watch your toes!

I have a pot of sand boiling on the stove. Once it has boiled for another half hour, it'll be baked until it is dry at 200*C. It sounds like overkill, but i am NOT having that algae back, and it still looked alive after bleaching and boiling, so it is getting baked!

4FOOTtankCLEAN01.jpg

So this is where we are at the moment. Should have the canaries in by the end of the weekend, and hopefully will pick up the bushrock tomorrow. *crosses fingers* The filter is going to take a bit longer as I think all the bleaching will ruin every last one of its rubber seals :) I'll need replacements for the lot.

You lucky ducky Joep! The clarkii are adorable, and white too! How do the fish feel about their new room mates? :lol:

OK, bushrock is in the back of the car, and its just that bit too heavy to get out, so it is getting a tour of the local area :thumbs: It needs a lot of cleaning off as it is all moss and mud, but it looks pretty OK. I'll hit it with a scrubbing brush and some sand the next warm day. :lol:

Canaries are in and still kickin' :lol:

• 1 month later...

*pops in to say hi*!

I love this thread and it has made me want to get some more yabbies after I move house (in a few weeks/months).. I used to have two living in 'harmony' with malawi cichlids when I was younger. And atm we have one in a bath tub outside which used to be two but one escaped somehow :lol:

/end story.

Archived