My little fish corner

kitstyles

if its open plastic you could get some hot glue from like 2 dollar stores and use that, just get a lighter and melt it into the plastic, and its pretty easy to take off if you need to. i used to use it in electronics at school and i use it sometimes for my air line hoses when i need to.

Kitz, what did you use to stop the far end of the tube? That is, the end away from the powerfilter. Or is it just open?

I used the suction cup that came with the filter but its not what it for... but I just push it in and stopped the water somehow -.-

if its open plastic you could get some hot glue from like 2 dollar stores and use that, just get a lighter and melt it into the plastic, and its pretty easy to take off if you need to. i used to use it in electronics at school and i use it sometimes for my air line hoses when i need to.

I tried to cut something else with this method.. I couldn't get the cut straight and I wasted some of the plastic board that I bought.. and I don't have many tools at home so yeah... need some practice to get a nice cut though.. :photo:

all you need is some hot glue sticks.. (6 pieces for like 2 buks) and a lighter (60 cents)... and your all set.

Is hot glue completely inert once it sets? It won't leach chemicals into the water? I thought of using normal aquarium silicone but wasn't sure if it would stick to plastic. I think it probably won't. I'm trying to use a 13mm hose which standard for sprinkler systems. But I think the usual way to stop the end of sprinkler systems is to do bend the tube back on itself. But it's ugly and takes up room. You'd think there'd be a more elegant solution. But I guess gardeners don't care about that.

I'm not sure if would be fully sealed if you just bend the tube.. Because I tried before its still has water come out...

Maybe you can use those glass clue... you know those which people use to stick tank together? I dunno how u call them but if you fill the end of the tube with this, it should stop the water... I am not sure if Ned was talkin about those clue?

• 2 months later...

I Got the same shelving as you Kitz! did you get yours from Repco? how much did they cost? i was little to scared to have mine sitting up high so i made mine into two units

I bet soon as i asked for the photos you went and clean it all up LOL :) nice and neat kitz!

I also bet Mike has said to you... 'You can fit so many more tanks in this room!" lol

For that kind of shelving to be properly stable you really need to bolt it to the wall or get a corner section and do an L-shape. Since your landlord probably won't approve you bolting the shelf to the wall, you have no choice but to do the L-shape. This will mean that you'll have about another 3 times the amount of shelf space that you have now. You need it that space anyway if you're going to keep and breed every kind of dragon. :)

I have a plan for next year.. but not gonna get any more shelve... I and trying to find a way that take less time and effort to do water change, I spent 3 hours last night to do water change till 2 am zZZ... and I am planning to reduce the breeding pair and concentrade on few patterns or colours...

• 6 months later...

Looking good Kitz!

<-- is jealous!

Not sure on Araldite, I can't see it being a problem other than it being quite brittle, but if you want to glue something like that superglue is fine and dandy. Few things that can't be fixed with superglue and/or silicone :betta:

Archived