fairy shrimps?

Celeste84

Yeah... that's what we're talking about. Pity about that. The annoying things is that they occur in Australia, it's just that no one here sells the eggs in a neat little jar convenient for today's busy aquarist. Downside of living on a desert island I suppose.

I just knew you were going to suggest something like that. :blink: I don't believe we're allowed to remove native fauna from their natural habitat. But there are probably some researchers somewhere studying the things. They probably don't realise that there is a commercial application for it.

hahah expect the worst from me :blink:

i just read this guys...

Buchanans fairy shrimp are a small species of crustacean that are known only from Lake Buchanan in southwest Queensland, and Gidgee and Burkanoko Lakes in the north-west of NSW (approximately 130 km north-west of Bourke). They have not been found anywhere else in this region despite extensive collecting over 15 years. These sites cover a very small area on private land. They do not occur in any designated conservation reserves. The species could be threatened by any number of development activities, such as mineral extraction.

Buchanans fairy shrimp are listed as a vulnerable species in NSW. There are heavy penalties for harming, possessing, buying or selling them, or for harming their habitat (see 'Legal Implications').

Got it from here

just googled... take a look at Billabong Bugs

um...actually daniel that's NOT the same kinda fairy shrimp o.O look at the size of that thing! the ones i saw on aquabid were a thai variety of freshwater artemia.

these things:

http://www.bluebetta.com/Joomla/index.php?...17&Itemid=2

information

Phylum : Arthopoda

Superphylum : Crustacea

Class : Branchiopoda

Order : Anostraca

Common name : Thai fairy shrimp

scientific name: streptocephalus sirindhornae

Archived