Fae's 4ft tank and those who live in it

Jess

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I managed to find a black sheet (following in your footsteps). I cleaned the bloody massive great O tank out, so when it clears I'll get a photo and post in a new thread.

How many threads is that hijacked now?

Michael, you're not alone :), just an efficient culler. I freeze mine, frequently invoking the contradictions of people who prefer to use clove oil or an ice slurry. Each to their own.

Hmm... thinking about getting an oscar now. That'll mean a 4ft tank, and definitely need another canister filter. And he'll need a girlfriend. Oh I could breed them. Then I'll need another tank to grow out the fry. And another filter.... Ok I think I need to lie down until this feeling passes.

Oscars are great, but PITA for water changes. They say the larger the tank, the less maintenance, but frankly I find it more enjoyable to pick up after many betta's compared with cleaning out the O tank... I do love him though, he's the coolest fish, stuck with me through many an ordeal. He used to watch TV with me when I lived in the old house, but now I have a 2 bedroom unit, he's in the 2nd bedroom.... I mean study... I mean *cough* fishroom...

Yep its a DSLR. A Nikon D50. I mainly use the 50mm 1.8f prime (Nikons Golden Egg!) I don't have any macro lenses either! ^_^

Not sure what Optio you have, but try to set it to its "Multi Segment" or "Matrix" metering mode. (if it has it)

Use an ISO of 200 - 800 at the most

White Balance to fluro, if you have it. (turn off auto WB if it has it)

Do you have a program mode? should be a P on the dial (not auto etc) so you can set the aperture/exposure?

If you have a little tulip icon, that is macro.

Use a tripod! (though I am lazy and hardly ever do)

I like the optio, my sister has one! At least it will fit into your pocket!!

*rushes to check camera*

Says on here... Optio S4i. Well, what dya know, it does have a little tulip. Found the P icon but don't know how to set the aperture. Turned off AWB I think I've chosen fluoro. Can't find metering mode or ISO settings. Found something call AE metering. It has a pic of a camera and selecting that makes the concentric rings in the middle get smaller. Sounds a lot like an aperture closer, am I right? Hmm... might have to get the manual out. And just as I move the light of the guppy to try over the fellas, the camera battery start to die. Oh well.... way past my bed time anyways.

Well, of course I couldn't just put the camera away and go to bed. I had to keep fiddling. Check these out! Thanks for the expert advice faewyn. This forum is so cool.

Here's Rhett. Alone. Waiting for his one true love - Scarlett.

And of course, Barry. Gosh I'm original!

Just so you guys know, we have a "Shutterbugs" sub-forum here: http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showforum=32 where you can ask technical photo questions to your heart's content, if photography's your thing! No problem with posting the questions here of course - but it's probably easier for people to find the info later if it's in the shutterbugs forum.

Oh darn!! I want one of those cameras. What to spend my tax refund on when i get it...

*need new laptop, this one stuffed.

*Want a PDA phone (again) but have a working phone and separate PDA, but never use the PDA because I refuse to carry around another device... and I'll lose it somewhere.

*Buy nice fancy digital SLR to play with...

The only one I really need is the laptop... but the one I want is not going to be fully paid for with just the tax refund.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Daniel :P, if you go back to the start of the thread (page 1) you will info on the tank..like a 1200L p/h external canister ;) The sponge filter is for Peat/Shellgrit/mini cleaner.

Yeah, the swords are growing fast.. I have stopped adding ferts though!?? I don't have rams they are Bolivian Butterfly cichlids :P

Jess

• 2 months later...

Oh! I have been looking at some camera's recently and I think the one in JB hi fi I was looking at was a D50 Nikon! Wow, I definitely want one now I've seen someone I can trust's photos. You see the reviews on the net and wonder whether they really came from that camera.

Archived