Who is breeding?

Jess

Nam's kribs are flirting with each other (well the female is)... pity the boy is just interested in food.

We're waiting to see what his red apistogammas are (boy or girl or girly boy or tomboys)

Umm.. my peppermint BNs have been firting, but with the thomasi's in there, no chance of them scoring a home as yet.

C'mon! Is no one else breeding fish other then bettas?

I'm attempting to line breed some blue japanese style lyretail guppies. I've got a nice male and some virgin females who should be ready to breed in a few weeks. And hoping my stressed-because-I-moved-her pregnant guppy will drop a few more girls for me to work with. Have had lots of trouble getting a photo of the male. Might start a shutterbugs thread about this.

I'm interested in doing something with swordtails. I have a couple of very nice males. I did have matching females but they didn't make it.

• 1 month later...

Although this is a bit of an old tread, I thought I'll add my bit.

If my fish are not breeding I am not interested in them so I try to breed all the fish I have :) At the moment I am breeding half the species/types I have. At the moment I am actively breeding:

Guppies: Apart from the last two the others are upto 6to8 generations of selective breeding

Neon blue

green snakeskin

redtail king cobra

Black tuxedo

Gold micarif (just started)

Sunset micarif (just started)

Killifish:

Epiplatys bifasciatus

Epiplatys dageti

Aphyosemion(Chromaphyosemion) splendopleure

Fundulopanchax gardneri Akure

Fundulopanchax gardneri AkureBlue

Fundulopanchax nigerianus Jos Plateau

Fundulopanchax amieti

Fundulopanchax puerzli Ndokama

Others:

Betta channoides

Bristlenose

that's more or less is it.

I am making an attempt with N. multifasciatus, but I have an inkling they are all of the blokey persuasion.

;) ;)

Who said?

I am line breeding fancy, bright coloured, flowing tailed guppies! Now I am wondering if that is a bit girly :welcome:

:):(

Who said?

I am line breeding fancy, bright coloured, flowing tailed guppies! Now I am wondering if that is a bit girly :(

:( no, I meant that I think I have 3 males. They just don't seem to be behaving like boys and girls should.

Though, now you mention it, I've only ever known one other girl owning multies... hmmm. They are wicked little things, complete with fangs! Too masculine perhaps? *makes a note to get some guppies*

I have rolled back a lot for winter, it is just too tricky to heat everything. Maybe next winter :(

Archived