What sub forums would you like to have added

Jess

Do you keep other fish besides Bettas?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep other fish besides Bettas?

• Yes - I am an active fish hobbyist with all sorts of species
    • Yes - but I mainly keep bettas
    • No - I am thinking about getting into other fish species
    • No - bettas are it for me

What sub forums would you be interested in being added to the forum?

Different species? i.e Cichlids?

Breeding other species?

Off topics

Pet lovers?

General Photography?

House and garden?

Art & Crafts?

Anything else?

House and garden and arts and crafts might be nice. But depends how often they'll be used by members as to how successful they'd be. They might end up as sub forums that maybe get a new post in them once a month.

That's why I'm asking :P They would be made into a sub like the other forums in the main classifieds forum, for example. But if they won't be used we still have coffee shop and the community tank to fit them into :P

Don't really want to stick my opinion up anyone's nose - but this seems to be the only active betta oriented online community online while there are plenty of generic aquarium fora...

ok I'll shut up now.

True, but I want to talk discus! and cichlids! but no one here seems to keep them and if they do no one talks about them here ;)

I think it would be nice if there are members here that have other hobbies and would like to a place to post more about them here. Don't fret Pete! doesn't mean the forum will change into "Ausaqua Betta and Beading forum" ;)

P.S I talk in fish forums on flickr with like minded fish hobbyists who photograph their fish... people here photograph fish, but it's not even posted about. *shrugs*

I've got an Oscar... and I love discus, just can't afford them and I don't want a spare 55g tank just to age water for them because Brisbane can't have tap water with a pH less than 8.0!! *one day, discus will be mine*

I do like that this is mostly a betta site. As long as it doesn't become too poluted with other fish, it's ok. But like you said, these will be subforums, so it's not like they'll detract from the original purpose of the site, which is betta info.

EDIT - OHH!!!! BEADING!!! I made all my friends earrings for Christmas!

Hmm, maybe we just need to rejig the community tank stuff a bit?

Add in a general breeding subforum in community fish maybe? Not sure how much it'll get used, but I'll be in there shortly with masses of platies and *maybe* some shellies if I ever sort myself out. ;)

Can probably just keep coffee shop as is, turnover there is pretty high and people seem to feel comfy enough yakkin' on about arts and ponies and stuff ;)

What is it with fish people??? I mean for real, female betta keepers in particular seem to be beaders and/or horse people! Utter madness!

Under Commuinty tank -

Cichlids - except they already have a dedicated Aust forum.

Livebearers?

Catfish?

Maybe Abbey's right - just a Breeding sub-forum under General Aquaria.

Michael suggested Guns and Ammo and Body Art sub-forums... ;)

I think I still have more sleeping to do on this.

While we're on the subject, do people read the articles and look at the gallery?

Sure do ;)

I think Lilli meant do members use those features, not just random traffic. The calculator get used heaps - as it ranks high in google.

Or if you meaning forum stats; You can see on the board index how many topics/posts are in each forum. We have actual usage stats, but we aren't into the the whole traffic thing.

I think if we can gauge how much is used and will be used by members, the more inspiration to add more resources. It's hard, between all four of us it take 6 months to agree on something and then 3 months to nut it all out and then more time to do something/publish it. ;)

I would like a list of all fish clubs (all sorts) to be listed on the site, but I do't have the time to find them all or where to find them. I would also like to have Fish Profiles etc put up on the site. To me, these are good resources. I would like a list of online suppliers put up as well. Just to make it more resourceful! But there is not enough hours in the day *sigh*

So, if we're all happy with the forum, what would you like to see added to the site pages?

Votes: Update the homepage more regularly!!! with content!!

ETA: changed fish auctions to fish profiles.

there were some photos of Stefan's that we were going to add to the homepage... can't remember now what they were of now! Betta close-ups, I remember that much.

Stefan had some "fin type" stuff to go in an article with some fantastic illustrations he did, too.

Of course, once we have a Virtual Betta Show organised that will need a forum of its own. Once again, it all takes time (time is what we are short of, unfortunately).

While we're on the subject, do people read the articles and look at the gallery?

yep I love reading articles, especially when they're done on local or inbternational breeders, about their setups etc. and genetic articles are a mind reeler, but still they're kinda informative to the scientifically challenged :D

Archived