My New Guy (?)

Beano

I found this canary yellow boy at fish and bird store today. I had never been there before. They said he was a girl but I thought he looked more like a young boy. I got him for girls prices though, $4! I thought he was nice yellow.

Is he a spade tail? Is he a boy even? And is he a cambo with yellow fins? I thought perhaps his body was flesh coloured. Should I breed him in future projects?

Anyone got any suggestions as to what he is or is he too young to know yet?

***EDIT - probably some pictures would help!

p4030004dx0.jpg

p4030001mq2.jpg

cool you can get longfinned females?! Nice! Well at least I know she can go with the rest once she's done quarantining.

Hrmmmm I wonder what her crossed with stewie would turn out like... black and yellow marbelled combtails and VT's? LOL, if only genetics was that simple...

haha really?! But she's just a "LFS mutt VT" - I think she's pretty though. I'd love black and yellow, would look so cool...

If I manage to get Vince (HM copper boy) back into prime condition, and he generously donates his nice copper genes to the offspring that will magically get her yellow colouring, will they be gold? How do you actually get gold?

They had some yellow VT boys with the orange dalmation spots, but they didn't look too healthy to me. It was a toss up between her and one of the yellow orange spotted boys (it looks like the one Y2daze has). I didn't see any other plain yellows. Aquarama had a delta tale boy today in yellow with black fin edges - like mustard gas but with black instead of blue.

The Aquarium and Bird shop had $4 females, $5 VT males, and $7.50 all other tail types. Their "other tail types" were mainly CT's, I didn't see any HM's.

I quite like this girl. I bought her as a boy, but she's still nice. I think she has a touch of marble in her, around her mouth and eyes she has some black splotches. Will be interesting to see if she changes much.

Archived