Goldfish

Em

Today I went with my mother on a trip down to Kempsey (about 35 minutes drive south) to get pet food at Big W and we decided to go to one of the pet shops down there cause Mum wanted some new plants for her "new tank" (aka the 5 gallon one I never had any luck with) and, well we saw this tank full of young fantails. While she was getting her plants I looked at the price... $3 each or 5 for $10. So I got myself some.

fishies1.jpg

The little white guy (sorry it's out of focus)

fishies2.jpg

fishies3.jpg

fishies4.jpg

I was told they only arrived yesterday so I think they're only little babies, one or two of them looked like they had trouble swimming but it turned out that the filtering system was putting a rather strong current through the tank and they were kind of struggling to swim against it.

They're all now in a tank with some java fern (in a shell), a java moss and a filter of course.

yep, always had a soft spot for goldies. Loved them. My most recent one is Gus, who I've had for about 3-4 yrs now. I think he's a lion head (the ones that look like they've got a growth) and a fantail. Love him to death, and ever since he went to the outside pond, he's doubled in size (bout the size of my whole palm now :D )

yours are cuties Em :(

Archived