My New Ct's

Berryfriendly

Well this morning I went to see what was at Petacular and ended up coming home with a few extra passengers. These are my new boys:

RCTM03.jpg

RCTM02.jpg

RCTM01.jpg

BCTM01.jpg

They had some lovely fish on display. I was almost tempted to buy a few plakats except that I did't know where I could get some matching females.

The first one is for my daughter. She thought he was just beautiful when she saw him. It's now two days later and she still doesn't have a name for him other than red fish. Kids ... Gotta love them ...

I thought the second would be a good match with a red female from my current line. Although he has a little irrid he is a lovely bright red when you see him up close. The third guy will be paired up with a couple of red cambo girls that have until now just been around swimming in the pond.

And the last little guy has the most amazing finnage. I wasn't going to get him because I am going to stick with red CT's but I just couldn't walk past him. He is beautiful.

When I was looking in the pond I found this little girl. Not sure who I will pair her with yet but I think she is worthy of breeding. She has such lovely full finnage for a girl and she swims right up into my hand at dinner time.

RCTF01F.jpg

RCTF01C.jpg

Important Lesson # 16 - Never use Surface spray in a fishroom!

I decided to pair this girl up with Male # 1 as they were a good match in size. Everything went well, he blew bubbles, they spawned, neither fish got damaged but I decided to remove the female. I wanted to look after her and release her back into the pond today. Except for one little thing ...

I forgot about the surface spray that I had used this morning to kill the 10,000 ants that were looking for water. I must have had some on my hands when i put her in a seperate tank before I went to work because when i came home this afternoon I found that she had expelled her eggs and was "stuck" in mid air in her tank. Dead as a door nail.

Dear god, please let her little eggs hatch ... and live ...

hi berrifriendly , those CT are fantastic looking specimens , and that girl, Dammn , is a real shame to have lost her . Keep tring with other girls even if they are not as good those male should throw some nice offspring . That last blue boy is a bit metalic????

Archived