Possible Brisbane Visit

jumper

Mishy - ok ok i admit. i have been building your rep. through the forum's feedback.. :blush: . but ... you look good with a glass on hand! very steady and mature holding! :scared: . brissy people - no dramas! i am sure that we will have a chance to meet up again! hopefully in a very very short period of time. Overall, i had an upclose and extremely personal contact with a "growing" family, including taking care of my friend's daughter 2/3 of my trip, cooking fer them and driving up n down for groceries :lol: . i didnt have chance to do my "beach" thing, which was my primary purpose of visiting Brissie. not much drinking happened as well (which i think is great, since i am on a total cut down (smoke/drinks/coffee). BUT i loved the weather!i also loved to see the houses OMG.. the houses!!! the lifestyle!!! You guys have a life!!! which has brought me to think about even to move over there !! This may sound a bit over the top, but i guess i am a bit drastic when it comes to this matters. :lol: Now... how am i gonna move all my fish over there :blink: ??? and the aquariums?? re-buy cheaper or just transport? any ideaS?

:)

yeah Lady, after 14 yrs in melb i think i rather have 4 seasons through a year instead of a day... http://ausaqua.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

and yes, job hmmm after all these thinking and checking out, i might even try to go there for a few motnhs to "suss" it out even more...

my two biggest "stoppers" is my sister is still here (she is my baby.... and will be no matter what <-big brother thoughts) and my fishes... i am not parting with my fighters! http://ausaqua.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Aren't they going to start recycling sewerage for drinking water up there? The fish won't be happy! The bus stations are pretty awesome up there but there's no trains or trams or free concerts in the park, you know... and... their cockroaches FLY! I spent 6 weeks there working my ass off in a sf writer's big brother type establishment but after 5 weeks of the heat, the humidity, the friendly chatty people etc, it all got a bit much and I wanted to be back where the weather changed every day and people didn't give a **** what you got up to... oh and the dry. Can't stand mould or curly hair and that humidity gave me an afro!

:) not too sure about the recycled water thingo though. i think it means we would have to put nutrients back into it :P . i actually quite liked the buses/trains/houses over there. you can retreat to the safenet of the air con room, or just sweat it out in the backyard, whilst over here is more like freeze out (with the odd occasion of a nice hot day). as a natural fact somehow my hair will turn mid brown instead of close to black as it is here. :P and i would give my soul to get some curling hair roots at all... :P i should be flying over there in the forthcoming two weeks or so, for a job "interview" , this time i will be staying/working for a week. just to "suss" it out a bit more i guess thouygh short, i hope to become a local sponge and abssorb whatever info the internetcant provide me. erm.. anyone for a Riesling? :P

Although it is true that we are looking like we will be forced to drink recycled water, we do get cool thinks like free concerts & movies in the park! Joe if you check out ourbrisbane.com you can see a whole swag of things that you can do while in brisbane. We have loads of bike tracks , city cats to ride on the brisbane river, beautiful beaches, tons of cool places to shop (anyone been to chermside lately ... oh my god !!!) and heaps of good restaurants and cafes. Honestly, what more counld you want!

Although it is true that we are looking like we will be forced to drink recycled water, we do get cool thinks like free concerts & movies in the park! Joe if you check out ourbrisbane.com you can see a whole swag of things that you can do while in brisbane. We have loads of bike tracks , city cats to ride on the brisbane river, beautiful beaches, tons of cool places to shop (anyone been to chermside lately ... oh my god !!!) and heaps of good restaurants and cafes. Honestly, what more counld you want!

mate,

once my employment is set n ready iw ill return to melb to pack my things up. as alays (and whilst i am single) i think i can afford one last move ;)

in terms of the water, back in SE Asia, we are all used to boil water prior drinking/cooking. Being here in melb and being able to drink straight outa tap was a privilege! not too worried about boiling for myself frankly.

only if i have to boil it for the fishes :lol: , then i think i will need a huge boiler :lol:

And the nightclubs let you leave by the back entrance even if you have to climb down a fire escape to do it! (It was a hard six weeks)

sounds like i need to get back on the gym to fit in that fire escape! ;)

EDIT: Tentative interview plan arrive Bris 8/2; depart 14/2 :cheer:

well at the moment i am leaving /trying the place out for short. IF the job is good and the business opportunity is as bright as i am seeing. i 'll "push" her over there.... MAYBE she might come up as well... Anyways... i think its also time that she started fending for herself more, she aint getting any younger... :eek: . Gee do i sound like a strict, hand cuff Dad ?? Mishy, when you gonna do the jump?? :)

Archived