Hello

Odbalz

Hi I'm from Perth in Western Australia. I must admit that I'm very partial to all oddballs and the Aussie Natives and I have a variety of fish, no betta's at the moment tho. :P My bristlenose are constantly breeding - they're like rabbits- and so are my Bumblebee Gobys. I've decided to finally save a batch of Bumblebee fry, only problem is, that I've found it hard to locate SMALL live foods over here, particularly Vingear eels. :P Anyone else in WA have better luck or know where I could get some?? Hope you all have a great New Years. :P Enjoy.

Hi Odbalz - welcome to the forum! Where abouts in Perth are you? I could easily make you up a culture of VE's. Other options would be hatching baby brine shrimp or a microworm culture (which unfortunately I don't have, but Aquotix were selling them last time I was in)

Thanks everyone.

I think you have a great site here, I've been doing a lot of reading that's for sure.

Where abouts in Perth are you? I could easily make you up a culture of VE's.

In the Belmont area, that would be wonderful I would be forever grateful. They're near on impossible to find. I spoke to some places that said "oh we've had them in the past but not anymore" very frustrating. :)

I located the microworms at Aquotixs but haven't managed to get there to collect them yet. I've got tomorrow off so...

Hey Odbalz! Glad you could make it over

I'm hanging out to see the bumblebee fry!

Thanks for the heads up Callatya it was much appriecated.

The BB's eggs became cavier(sp?) to daddy BB. Just as well I suppose as I don't have the food for them yet. :)

Oh well, there will be another batch in a couple of days. They don't seem to stop, and I can see a female that's full of egg so... :)

I'm in Kelmscott - up near the Armadale end. You're welcome to pick up a culture from here, or if you are available on a Saturday morning I'd love to meet up somewhere like Pet Magic in Cannington which would give me a chance to scope out some more fish for my tank and pass along the culture at the same time. Unfortunately I'm a bit limited in availability atm as my toddler broke his leg and its too difficult to try and haul him and the other kids through a lfs.

That's great. Sorry to hear about your toddlers leg. I've got tomorrow and Sat off so both days suit me. If you want a good excuse to go to a LFS I'm quite willing to provide it. I'm always looking out for different Oddballs anyway. If not Pet Magic then Aquotix if you want, since I've got to pick up the microworms anyway. If it's easier for you that I come to your place, that's no problem for me I've got friends at the Reptile centre so I could visit them after, since your halfway there anyway. PM me the details (time, day etc) if you want. Thanks.

Archived