Stocking A 20 Long

Zafirah

Hi Zafira :P I'm not sure angels will last all that long in a 20, you are going to have to be very religious with water changes and have some very substantial filtration. What did you have planned for the filter? If you go with angels, you should avoid little torpedo-shaped things like neons, danios, and guppies because they are perfect angel food. Do you like colour or would you like fish from the same region? What are you looking for in a fish? :P Also, what is it that you like about angels? Ideally they shouldn't be in anything less than a 30gal because it is just that little bit too cramped for them, especially the long-finned types. If there is something specific you like about them, maybe we could find something a bit smaller that would better suit a 20 (that'd let you keep more other fish too!) :P

Ok i got my 20 long today i have to fill it tho than it will be cycling.The filter is a Bio-wheel Penguin 100 for up to 20 gallons and my heater is a heater for up to 20 gallons.\ I like angle fish, because of there shape. But, i really want to do a community tank and get the most fish i can put in that tank in there.It has 25 LBS of spread out gravel and 5 plastic plants and i will add slate peices soon. Also, can i put the filter from one of my other tanks into this filter to help it cycle. Or, can i transport water from one of my other tanks to help it cycle.

First thing is first, stick the new filter on the old tank along with the old filter :) much easier that way. Trandporting water doesn't really work as the cycling bacteria form a sort of mesh to stick themselves on objects rather than float free in the water. You can get yourself an old pair of pantyhose or a filter media bag and fill it with a handful or two of gravel from your old tank, and that'll give it a kick start. With the angels, I have seen them live reasonably long lives in a 20gal, but they had really hefty filtration too. You could probably get away with a pair but it would mean very few (if any) other fish :( How tall is a 20 long??

How does this sound 3 guppies (1m/2f) 3 bronze cory cats 5 neons 3 blackskirts(if they have them, if not Tiger Barbs) 3 mollies (1m/2f) 1 silver dollar or goroumi( for a center peice) if you want to change something about either of the lists feel free -or- 20 neons -or- 1 goroumi 5 neons 3 guppies 3 cory cats 2 mollies (2 f) 1 khuli loach or other cool like fish (: and 7 small tetras of some type

30 x 12½ x 13inches apparently. Around 2.5'? Don't get black skirts with guppies, they are a bit too nippy. :) Tiger barbs are a bit boisterous in schools of less than 7 (which is a shame cause they are so cool!) so maybe male cherry barbs, rosy barbs or 5 stripe barbs would be a bit easier. Another option might be bengal danios (similar to giant danios) I like the top one, but I'd probably go with a school of 7 neons instead of guppies, and the gourami over a silver dollar. 20 neons (or cardinals) would be awesome, maybe even black neons :( and maybe 6 pygmy corydoras too? or 3 pygmy cories and 3 kulies?

Ah, so a 20 long is like a 2' tall here in terms of volume. Ok then! I personally find that "less is more" leads to a tank more harmonious to the eye than bits of many species. I guess other people like a more colourful frenetic tank though so my choices may seem a bit boring! I'd go for a school of 15 neons (mid level), 4 cories (bottom), a male gold panchax (top) and a male dwarf gourami. Or 6 columbian tetras (mid-level), 4 cories (bottom), 10 danios (top) and a male gourami.

\ Ok soo i took out the betta and i had a major power outage and now am down to 1 cory cat 4 guppies 3 phantom tetras what other fish could i add i want to do a mainly livebearer tank because i lovehaving baby fish but im really interested in Line-Breeding guppies or mollies and if i did that would i have to divide my tank and put males on one side and females on the other side. Which i would prefer to do so that i can choose which fish breed i was thinking of adding 2 more female guppies 3 more male guppies 2 more corys and when i get these fish i will get my divider if needed and i am going to heavily plant it so the babies can survive what plants are recomended Back to top

Archived