Sign in to follow this  
shooshoo

Help! Transporting Multiple Bettas From Brisbane To Perth

HELP! :fish::D Can anyone please give me some advice on transporting bettas? I have 4 little fellas at the moment and am moving to Perth from Brisbane in a few weeks time. I want to take them with me but simply don't know how. Is there any way for me to move them? - Clueless

Hey there. I assume you'll be flying. The best way is to get someone to send them to Perth by AAE (Australian Air Express), as my understanding is that airlines won't let you bring fish onboard as luggage any more. Mouse can probably be more helpful on issues relating to that, as she has taken delivery of several Perth shipments and is a guru! In terms of how to pack them etc there are several threads on the forum on how to pack and bag fish for shipping. I think they are stickies but if not, try a couple of searches of the forum.

Yay the Perth ranks are swelling! Australian Air Express in the way to bring them in. They need to pass through state quarantine (AQIS) which is done at the airport. Basically you need to bag & pack your fish and book them in on a next flight or same day flight consignment. Once they arrive in Perth they will be inspected by AQIS and once cleared you can pick them up from the AaE terminal at the domestic airport. If possible notify AQIS when the flight is expected to come in so that they can be there waiting to inspect. That way the fish are inspected asap and taken off the tarmac and into the office where the temperature is a little more regulated. Inspection is free providing your shipment arrives during their normal working hours. If you need to send them before you fly out yourself, you are welcome to send them addressed to me and I can pick them up for you and fish sit until you arrive. If you wanted to send them to me I'll take care of phone calls to AaE and AQIS to arrange inspections etc from this end as its easy once I have a consignment note number.

thanks so much for the help mouse :) i'll be taking two dogs with me also when i fly so i'll be able to take them on the same flight as mine. woohoo! thanks again!

Sign in to follow this