Erren

What Fish Can Be Shipped Via "fastway"?

I have shipped quite a few different fishes over the year. Most of it was shipped by Fastway and sometimes by AAE for more expensive fishes. Obviously all type of fishes doesn't matter its big or small would arrive safely anywhere around Australia if shipped by AAE. The fishes probably being bagged for 1/2 the most as the shipment was via air carrier. But what about Fastway? Some shipment took 1 day and some even 2 or 3 days. Betta should not have problem being bagged for 2-3 days if oxygen were supplied + heatpacks during winter. What about other fishes? In summary, this is what i have shipped safely so far: Bettas (1 and 2 days travel) (1 DOA) (Sydney,Adelaide, Canberra, Goldcoast, and Brisbane) Small Bristlenoses (1 day travel) (Sydney, Adelaide and Canberra) :blush: , that's it I just don't want to take risk :blink: and shipped the more expensive fishes via AAE so far. Anybody wants to share some and add to the list so we all could safe a bit of money shipping fishes via Fastway instead of AAE. PS: I only have 1 Fastway label left, i might take another 20 labels from Fastway if anyone in Melbourne going to ship fishes in 2007? . I'm still charging the same price Fastway charged me per label though. I just didn't want to hold the labels forever, that all :lol: . Its good to have the 3-4 labels on hand as sometimes i might need to send bulky and big stuff interstate :lol:

Hey Erren, I don't know about shipping other fish, but I am interested in shipping some fish via Fastway in 2007 if I have spawns for sale :blush:

Yeah, i might get some labels from Fastway. I haven't seen anyone in Melbourne shipping bettas for ages now. It took me almost a year to finish off 20 labels alone :blush:

Yeah, i might get some labels from Fastway. I haven't seen anyone in Melbourne shipping bettas for ages now. It took me almost a year to finish off 20 labels alone :blink:

Where can we get or buy the labels? I live in Sydney and have no idea :blush: ...I have heard from my friend that Fastway does not offer live fish shipping anymore. Is that true?..Any one pls tell me..

cheers

Paul

I have heard from my friend that Fastway does not offer live fish shipping anymore. Is that true?..Any one pls tell me..

oh I hope not :blush:

Where can we get or buy the labels? I live in Sydney and have no idea :dontknow: ...I have heard from my friend that Fastway does not offer live fish shipping anymore. Is that true?..Any one pls tell me..

cheers

Paul

They still and will always be. I know quite a few LFS that use Fastway here in Melbourne. So pretty sure they still accepting live fish. You can buy the labels by calling them up. They will send representatives to your house to get you fill up registration forms, few papperworks and paid for labels.

Mind you, they are not willing to do once off business and would most probably get you to sign up for 20-40 labels depending on where you lived. I could still buy 10 or 20 labels but those in Queensland had to buy 40. Not too sure about the rest.

Edited by Erren

it's all on the fastways website, Stefan. At least, it used to be. I have not looked in a while.

yep, and after that they'll want to call you and then visit you before you can buy any at all. There was a minimum package I had to buy, about $400 worth.

correctly packed all species should be able to handle an overnight shipment. After that, losses will occur. Goldfish travel well, as do the labyrinths like gouramis and killies. Cichlids are Ok if correctly packed. (even discus) Remember Cichlids are narky and RTB sharks will fight. Livebearers are touchy. As are some of the delicates like black ghost knife and elephant nose. Angels and discus must stay upright. Keep livebearers cool. Always pack in oxygen and use a good quality stress guard. HTH Cheers, J

hmmm this sounds interesting. at the moment my spawns arent up to sketch as yet, but if other melbournians would like to share say the labels i wouldnt mind it .

correctly packed all species should be able to handle an overnight shipment. After that, losses will occur.

Goldfish travel well, as do the labyrinths like gouramis and killies.

Cichlids are Ok if correctly packed. (even discus) Remember Cichlids are narky and RTB sharks will fight.

Livebearers are touchy. As are some of the delicates like black ghost knife and elephant nose.

Angels and discus must stay upright.

Keep livebearers cool.

Always pack in oxygen and use a good quality stress guard.

HTH

Cheers, J

These really helpful. I always wonder how to ship angels and discus given their body shape. Would that means we had to put more water in the plastic bag if we are shipping angels and discus? Otherwise the fishes will swim sideway for overnight :dontknow:

Just to update with my own experiences, I've sent a few boxes overnight of Guppies, with no problems. :D I do use oxygen from my friendly LFS, and I don't use heatpacks, because like JL says, 'keep livebearers cool'.

One time a bag broke (the box was sealed up so well it was okay... the gupps were just swimming around in the box!) so always double bag them. :)