Hi Everyone...newbie From Brisbane

Dreamer

Hi everyone, I am new to bettas but have quickly fallen in love with them and am very interested in trying my hand at breeding some :dontknow: I am in Brisbane (Wishart area) and am looking for some nice fish around Brisbane so will have to go look around the site! If you have any nice male or female bettas of any type for sale please contact me :eadshake: Thanks Leah

Hi Peter, I am especially interested in HMs, SDs & DTs. As far as colours I am open to any as I think they are all beautiful :eadshake: Though I have to say some of my favorites so far are red, blue, opaque and the butterflies which look stunning in any colour. Do you have any for sale at the moment? Thanks Leah

Hi Leah and welcome to AusAqua. Do you currently have any fish or are you looking to getting started? There are several people on here from Brisbane that should be able to help you. May i suggest you post a WTB in the classified section as most people would look there more often then here.

Thanks everyone, I am enjoying looking around the forum and reading up about these stunning fish. I only have a blue VT so far, he lives in my big 4 foot tank. I was amazed by the difference in him when he went into the big tank, he is so active. It is such a big difference to the petshop bettas in those tiny jars/tanks that just sit there, I feel so sorry for those fish. I can't get over how tame he is, even in a 4 foot planted tank as soon as he see us he come racing over (of course I know he is only after more food but still :eadshake:) ..can't wait to get some HMs, SDs or DTs :dontknow: Leah

Hi, Nice to hear from you, I am also new to Betta's, I felt sorry for a little guy in a cup at the pet shop, took him home and fell in love with him, he is a blue/red VT. Like you, I wonder about the truth in the saying "Betta's are happy in confined area's (1 litre of water)", I suspect from the vigor displayed by those with room to move, if this is, in fact, the truth"?. From what I have been reading about Betta's in the wild, most of the year there is plenty of room to swim around, it is only for one or two months that the water supply can, on occassion, reduce to small puddles, therefor they tolerate small areas, although do not necessarilyenjoy it. Perhaps I am way off base, being new, this is highly likely :-). All the best for the future. Angie

Welcome Dreamer!

Angie, you are spot on:

From what I have been reading about Betta's in the wild, most of the year there is plenty of room to swim around, it is only for one or two months that the water supply can, on occassion, reduce to small puddles, therefor they tolerate small areas, although do not necessarilyenjoy it.

Archived