Unexpected Company

Em

This morning about 12 to 1am I heard the vertical blinds in my room clashing and so forth and when I closed the window I heard a squeak and thought it was a mouse or rat.

About 2 I woke up again and heard it on a box I had in my room just under the window. It was a frog.

Thinking nothing more of it I woke up around 7ish and went up to check on my fishroom (as I had a pair in the spawning tank) and this is what I found in one of my beanie boxes.

Posted Image

As you can see at the bottom of the picture (under the frogs water distorted legs) is the owner of said beanie box, he wasn't at all worried about his visitor and swam around under him and occasionally behind the frog's back.

Must say something for my water quality if the frogs like it :lol:

:lol: :D:D ..classic! Last summer in the drought when I had trout I thought someting looked odd in my tank & found one of my bigger trout with this tail hanging out of his mouth, it was what he couldn't swollow of a poor water skink that must have been desperate for a drink. Apparently he found his way inside & to the top of the tank, on reaching in for a drink got gobbled.

I tend to inadvertantly breed frogs in my outdoor live food cultures. I have 7 containers outside that house daphnia, they also attract mosquitoes and bloodworms. All of them are alive with tadpoles - I have literally hundreds of them, but these are not the green tree frogs, they are brown in colour with yellow markings under the legs. They are thrillseeking frogs too! They get on the back verandah and play tag with my malamutes - so far the frogs are winning, no fatalities yet!

Archived