Visiting Brisbane

stubbskm

My son and I are driving (have to teach him to read maps :rant: )down to Brisbane for the first week of school holidays. He wants Warhammer and I want to visit some friends, shop for work :flex: and then visit fish shops. I was wondering if it would be possible to meet up with some of the Brisbane people? :lol:

Will be in town from Monday the 18th to Thursday or Friday. Will be staying at Chermside but happy to travel now that my father has a GPS that I will be borrowing. :( Happy to be provided a list of LFS to visit. Saves time with the ones that aren't work the effort. Thanks guys!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well accommodation is booked and the packing has begun. Marc and J-L, I have your numbers and am planning on giving you guys a call. Which LSF do you recommend I visit. Not looking for anything in particular. However HBH foods that are cheap would be of help.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we have been home for a couple of days now and have been busy settling our new arrivals into their new homes. We brough back an orange HM male and SD female from J-L. And discovered some long fin serpae tetras that we just couldn't leave without, there are now 10 in a new tank along with 12 gold long fin danios. Nearly came home with a pair of killifish but decided not to. However after visiting a few LSF, I have got to say, I was not overly impressed with their bettas( mostly VT with the occassional CT). My son and I were shocked by the fact that puppies worth $350 - $400 here are $750- $800 in Brisbane. It was nice to chat with Vicki and meet Marc. I also met Leah and Elise's parents as she was at work. Hope all the fish have settled in girls. But it is even nicer to be home. Besides one jumper and the oscar stressing, my parents did a wonderful job. My dad is commenting about how the bettas are always hungry and were jumping up for the food. He has obtained a insight into why I keep on with this hobby. Our cats are glad to see us and are seeking attention all the time. Even as I type this, one is in my lap, making things difficult. Well I must go as there are several grow out tanks that I must start jarring, don't know where I am going to put them, but I suppose there is always the lounge room or bathroom or kitchen!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived