Tanks

crdave

I'm going to set up a 3ft and 4ft tank predominately to house female bettas and maybe some other tank mates. I've been looking at normal style tanks which I have to get lights,filters,heaters etc or the Aquaone tanks with all the gear built in.Probably an Aquastyle 980 and an AquaGrande 120, if those models mean anything to anyone.The Aquaone tanks actually hold a bit more water volume and come with three lights built in. Has anyone got any advice on these options? Also on tank mates for bettas in these size tanks.

I am a big fan of AquaOne tanks. Love the filters, love the style, love the glass. you may need to make/plant some sort of baffle in front of the intake so they current isn't so strong and the fish can easily escape it, but other than that, I think they'd be great. I take it these are to be show tanks to house breeders rather than just a place to store your non-active breeders?

the Aqua range is pretty nice. it pretty much offers a almost complete system (if you dont look too hard for problems -> points at self :rant: ) the baffling is because sometimes inquisitive fishes tend to find their way "upstream" and then get stuck in the tube above filtration or in the filtering media, or worst get stuck at the pump entrance ( you will never see him, mafia style). :flex: for myself, i always found that ready-made aquariums look awesome. And they would work great if i didnt keep finding "stuff" to fiddle in there or in my mind "things" to add in there. :lol:

They'll be used for show tanks and space to keep females. I'd like to have a go at aquascaping them with some nice driftwood etc and really well plented out so the lights should be good for that too. Lots of nooks and crannies in among the jungle for them to explore.

As with Callatya I are also a big fan of AquaOne products Dave.......actually all their stufff I find to be both very good value and very reliable. But when it comes to the large tanks I find it more benificial in both monetry and extra water-room to set up a rack with three or four tanks including filtration, lighting etc than it is to purchase a single largish tank like those AquaOnes. They can have bad re-sale value as well. In regards to tank mates, just about any fish work well together as long as you manipulate their surroundings and feed times, and keep manipulating them, but with the thought of extra disease and compatibility worry. But personaly I never keep betta with anything but their own, and then only with female virgin communities. The beauty of setting up a rack with a few tanks is that you do not have to worry about filling extra space with fish as you dont have the need to. Plus you can set up a rack next to it ......excetra... excetra.......

Cheers, It's good to get different ideas from different people. I've got three 2ft tanks which are going onto a set of shelves pretty soon. I should get the shelves back from the powder coaters monday.I've also got 3 2x1ft divided tanks that are 12'' deep plus all the small tanks. So these big tanks will be kinda show tanks that house female bettas. Gotta show the girls off too hey :(

i just setup my 850 this weekend and must say that they are a nice tank plenty of lights if you want to have a go at some plants although may need changing to suitable tubes the only thing is there a little light on filter media and if you are going for a heavlly stocked tank you may need extra filtration wich could be a pain due to the limited room to run tubes through the lid Ray

What i did on mine is to run all the air + power lines through the "Aqua pump" hole , if you run all the piping there before you attach their pump, it helps to make it nice n neat. Some of it might still look odd but most of it willl be hidden on the edge of it :lol:

Archived