F2 Palomino Additions

howlsn

Well after adoring the Teals I got from Nick I grabbed some of his F2 Palomino line to add into my lines & likely do an F3.

The 2 boys I got are P1 & P4 on the classifieds page

Boys pic'd here

The boys are simply lovely in the flesh!

I got 3 gals & they are just gorgeous.

2 gals are the same

Posted Image

& the other is a lovely light lavender???(opinions on colour welcome) with white edging, she was an odd colour when she arrived but now settled is colouring up.

Posted Image

Again I must give a big :betta: to Nick, not only for the lovely fish.

I'm really not that sure! lol I just went by what she looked like in the picture :betta: She seems to be a cambodian red butterfly with opaque over that. She might go darker when her moods change; when her opaque intensifies and some red goes on her body, perhaps? I believe a lavendar is a darkbodied red-blue fish. To be a 'light' lavendar she would need to have blue as well - I think one of her brothers seems lavendarish.... P3.

Yeah I'm just gunna leave colour open (& open for opinions) for now until she matures a bit as she was creamy bodied with brownish fins when she arrived but just in the past few days she has got a real pink/purple appearance (irrid) with pinky body depending on mood, she isn't the bluey lavendar like the brother clearly but the irrid she has IRL is getting very similar to that of the initial "lavender" BF male at the start of the line.... Nick might be able to help??? Oh yeah the 2 gals that are the same both have awesome dorsals :betta:

Yeah I'm just gunna leave colour open (& open for opinions) for now until she matures a bit as she was creamy bodied with brownish fins when she arrived but just in the past few days she has got a real pink/purple appearance (irrid) with pinky body depending on mood, she isn't the bluey lavendar like the brother clearly but the irrid she has IRL is getting very similar to that of the initial "lavender" BF male at the start of the line....

Nick might be able to help???

Oh yeah the 2 gals that are the same both have awesome dorsals :betta:

Regarding colour, there are a lot of fry in this spawn with the second female's colouration. In fact the white edging is actually butterfly. When you see this on the males they end up looking like the red palomino pictured in the F1 generation (Metallic Pastel thread).

Posted Image

I have assumed so far that as far as the "blue" genes are concerned what we are dealing with in the Palominos from F1 and F2 is Steel Blue. The Metallic Lavender Boy looks a lot "Bluer" but I suspect this is related to genes for grizzel.

I believe your lavender type female is the result of a combination of steel blue, cambodian, extended red, opaque and metallic as well as butterfly. The male parent is a pale pink opaque colour.

There are other fry in this spawn with interesting "splotchs" of pink (from pale to dark) in their fins and also surprisingly their heads. When it occurs on their heads, it is as though the fish has a crimson mask with varying degress of "completeness".

There are also golds and white opaques/pastels in this spawn.

Thanks Nick!! :betta: Know exactly where I'm up to now colour wise. She lost a lot of colour during/after shipping so I wasn't sure what she was, the BF edging has really only become fully apparent the past 2days, wasn't really distinct but now she's settled & colouring up she is a lovely BF.

Archived