Dilemma

Erren

Basically i'm planning to sell all my unwanted fish and aquarium stuff. Hopefully i could raise $150 from that and spend on the proceed. The problem is, I have many things to purchase. I run out of water conditioner/ager, bacteria addictives and i also want canister filter and bigger UV sterilliser for my 4ft tank. I didn't used water conditioner and bacteria addictives on my last WC. Fishes have no problem at all but i'm a bit worried coz i had never stop using it. The 2L water conditioner and 2L bacteria addictives roughly cost $100+. The canister filter and bigger UV sterilliser would roughly cost the same. It would be great to have canister filter + Uv sterilliser instead of internal filter in my 4ft tank. So i was wondering whether anyone here could shed some light on which i should spend on. At this stage, i was thinking on spending the money purchasing canister filter and bigger UV sterilliser.

If you have set your tank up right you should be able to slip by without bacteria additives. Get the dechlorinator, thats the major one considering the state of the water quality in drought time. A canister will help keep your bacterial colony stable which will reduce stress on the fish and keep the tank running safely. If you run both filters at once for a week or two and your 4' has substrate, you should be fine without bacteria boosters. UV would be nice, but you need the filter first or the water will be too messy for it to be effective. so dechlor, filter, UV, bacteria :)

That's what I was going to say "Water Ager CN" v. cheap does the job. It's also at that nice big Frankston shop.

Oh and you realise WC stands for Water Closet which is an old fashioned term for toilet... and the abbreviation remains in common use. BUT... you don't need to ADD bacteria to toilets.

hmm that water ager sounds good... i use 5 ml per 20liters outa my current conditioner :)

I use the cheapy "wardley" ager when I am a bit broke or lazy to go to my fav LFS. $12 for 120ml treats 6000L + I think it is 4drops per 10L (I use 12 drops per 10L just to be sure :))

Water ACN is better... what I normally use... that's 2 drops per 10L :)

Archived