10-gallon Tank

Zafirah

Ok so i have a 10gallon tank that had a puffer fish and 2 tetras. But, they died during the power outage that i had during a windstorm(thats supposed to pick up again tonight :thumbs: ) So i am going to be gettting more fish after all our power outages are gone. Just in November is when we get em. gosh my fingers are cold. theres like no heat upstairs. Soo yeh sorry got off task. What kinds of fish can i have in that tank and i want to get the most fish i can have in there. The fish i really enjoy having in my tank are smaller types and more interactive fish.(like puffers(dwarfs)) Heres the fish i am thinking about getting tell me if i cant get these fish and these are all freshwater fish 1-2 dwarf puffers(freshwater) mollies guppys dwarf groumis cordyros swords(probs not) tetras barbs

Gotta love the 10gals ^_^ What sort of filter do you have? Any heater? What wattage? Any lighting? What do you have on the bottom of the tank? gravel? sand? How much effort do you want to put into the tank? In various combinations and various types (some you could only have the one really) you could have all but the swordss I think. If you can come back with the tank particulars we can sort out some ideas for you :) Also, do you have a plan for what to do if the power goes out again? It'd really bite to set it all up and then have disaster strike again ^_^ Nice to meet you too :)

I have never kept DWARF puffers

but i have a Green Spotted Puffer Fish right npw

and they have the best personality

my puffer fishm Bloat, greets me every morning waiting by the tank for more food

But, yehh.. so like how many of each fish could i have

and i might be using a 20 gallon instead

and my tank is heated

And Dwarf puffers for one fish they only need

2.5 gallons

Go here for stuff about em

my fav forums other than this one

http://dwarfpuffers.com/forum/index.php?si...d5841be258a62b7

http://www.pufferresources.net/forum/index...d5d358564ccba98

OPTION #1 (10g) 1-2 dwarf puffers 4 balloon platies/platies (just that little bit smaller than mollies) 1 Bristlenose OPTION #2 (10g) 4 guppies (all male) 2 cherry barbs 4 pygmy corydoras (this one needs a good filter as its very close to overstocked when they are fully grown) OPTION #3 (10g) 6 black neons OR neons OR cardinals 4 pygmy cories OR 3 kuhli loaches OPTION #4 (10g) 6 dwarf croaking gourami/sparkling gourami 3 kuhli loaches OR 2 otocinclus (need a good filter if you go with the otos) You could bump up the school sizes a bit with a 20, or you could go for larger species like peppered cories and rosy barbs and mollies. I have done up the 10g options based on low maintainance and a HOB or internal power filter, if its an air-driven filter you might want to ditch the oto/BN options as they are too messy. Other fish that you might want to consider include endlers livebearers, pacific blue eyes, killies, danios, white clouds, (female) bettas and ADFs. AUSSIES: apparently there are applications etc in for FW puffers, so it might not be too long :) Fingers crossed :)

Archived