Stage 2 Water Restrictions/saving Water & It's Quality

E-n

ok with stage 2 water restrictions going on my family has gone into water saving mode. we've got buckets of water in the shower before we hop in which catches all the run off while you get the temp. of the water right. we then pour this water into the bathtub (which doesn't get used for anything but hanging up emergency washing on the clothes horse) & the water level is filling up surprisingly fast! my question is would this water be ok to use for water changes? instead of running to the tap to get fresh buckets - which i need to age anyway, it'd be easier to use the run-off water which has already been sitting there. of course i'd add water conditioner before adding it into any tanks. so would it be safe to use???

hmm so long no one "soaped" i guess is good. except for the hot water... it depends if your hot water system is the " big cilinder " on the back of your house or the "ready heat up element" they use nowadays... if its the big cilinder one , then no... there is a thing in there that rusts in purpose to the cilinder doesnt rust and that dispurses lots of metal particles int he water. If its the "ready to go " system then its safe. pls correct me if i got this one wrong, i learnt that from an air con- fish afficionado a few days ago :)

Archived