Some Of My Young Pks

Joepmaster

Very nice Joep! I especially like the metallic steel and the royal HMPKs, and the female. The first male looks alot like his father :) Were the parents heterozygous metallic? Does that mean that you got homozygous non-metallics too? Is it also possible for non-metallics from metallic parents to still carry and show metallic influence?

Thank you all for the nice comments <_<!

Wow! Are these all the same spawn?

Yep, they are all from the same spawn.

Were the parents heterozygous metallic? Does that mean that you got homozygous non-metallics too?

Is it also possible for non-metallics from metallic parents to still carry and show metallic influence?

As far as I know both parents were heterozygous metallics. You are right that this means that some fish in the spawn could be non-metallic fish. The mask feature is strongly present in this spawn but it is known that this is a trait which can exist independent from the metallic trait.

your fish get better with every generation, Joep!

I love the copper ventrals on the first 2.

Thanks! The first two males are also my favorites. They will defenitely stay in my fishroom at potential candidates for the future. They are now around 4 months old so let's see what they look like in 2 months and see if I can use them in my breeding program.

Many greetings,

Joep

Archived