What Caused Hm's Death

Tuataress

Hello all - my work mate (WM) went on holiday and left her Hm with the housesitter (HS) with a list of instructions on caring for the HM - they seemed very clear to me and the HS told me she had followed the instructions ok. But unfortunately the HM got sick and died. The HS called me just the night before to say it wasn't looking well. She had done a water change the day before and everything she did seemed right. HM had shown signs of sickness a couple of day s before - so I didn't see any reason for her to do another change. I did suggest she give him a salt bath tho - in water the same temp as the tank. Trying to think what might have happened to the little fish - HS was a little scared of overfeeding him and only fed him 4 bloodworms 2 a day - could he have starved? I know my Betta's eat about 10 each feeding. If HS followed the instructions as she said I can't think of any reason for him dying. Poor WM - she lost her HM at home and the VT I was caring for at our work base jumped out of it's tank - no parachute :wub: Well I know what I am going to buy for her B/day now!

That's good then, that he didn't starve. Symtoms were he got really leragic and stayed on the bottom, only came up for breathes. I didn't get to see him - oh the HS did put Bettafix with each WC so she might have over medicated. She said she followed the required amounts as per the bottle. I guess I am not going to know now that he has died and the fact that I didn't see him. I was just wondering about the starvation thing. Thanks for help

Archived