Sign in to follow this  
jonpoh

Greetings From Singapore

Hi Guys, This is Jonathan Poh from Singapore. I have found this website via the link from ABC. The reason why I am looking into Australia's betta scene is because I will be coming over to Australia for studies next year. Hence I am looking into establishing my passion over there too.. (Simply can't live without bettas. LOL!) Like what all people come into this site for.. .. I am interested in keeping fishes.. (Show Bettas, Show Guppies, Discus, killies, Planted tanks, platys and etc) I am also into growing carnivorous plants and some other interesting plants. I am into the arts; singing, playing the piano, acting and etc. Yup.. that's about all.. Will keep this post updated !! Regards Jonathan aka jonpoh

Greetings Jonathan! Great to have you aboard. I hope you find bettas here that take your fancy :blink:

Hi Guys, Thanks for the warmth welcome! Well.. I will likely be studying in Tasmania.. Anyone have any ideas of the "how-abouts" of importing bettas in Tas? For carnivorous plants (cps), I have been keeping nepenthes, Sundews, Droseras, venus fly traps, utricularias. Yup! That's about all! Regards Jonathan

Hmmm Tassie is not so importing friendly. They are a bit funny when it comes to getting things from the "Mainland" and overseas. Someone else might beable to shed more light.

I got a mate who's into cps - used to hve a nepenthes collection myself. Do you know Geoff and Andrea from Exotica Plants? They're amongst the worlds best growers, up in Childers.

Edited by PeterJ

Hey guys, Thanks for all the info! Its seems to me that hand-carrying fishes into Tasmania sounds easy. (If it is according to what Celeste84 said ) What are the procedures of hand-carrying fishes to Australia itself? Regards Jonathan

easiest way would be to send them to someone (for quarantine) and then have her send them to you when you're in tassie via air express :P sent you the info like you asked, i also have a copy of the .pdf for the required form on my HD if you want it :)