• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from a few final touches - my pond is complete ^_^

Front View

Posted Image

Side View

Posted Image

I was planning to use the laserlite sheet more like a cover to keep birds and leaves out, but after visiting the nursery, I had to ammend my original design to allow for the growth of my plants. What do you think of it?

Looks great Berry - those Irises should look pretty speccy when they flower. If you need to cut the Taro back you might wan't to take the pot out of the water because the sap is pretty toxic. It's sticky sap so it might not affect the pond ^_^ . What colour lillly did you get?

that is so nice berry friendly ...ponds are so great and yours really looks fantastic .. Lucky betta's who end up living in there.. Lilli that viet mint is polygonum odoratuum and is planted in a basket only cm from the water surface ...

It's look fantastic!! I was so inspired I went down to my garden centre who do ponds and I priced 1.5mm thick pond liner for $29.95 for 1m x 4m is that a good price? How long it take to whip yours up?

I actually bought the liner from bunnings. Here is a quick run down on what i used: 6m Pond Liner from Bunnings (only used 5 metres) $59.95 6 x 2.4m treated pine sleepers 3 x 5.4m treated pine decking 5 metres Geo Fabric @ $1.80/metre I packet of clouts (?) $25.00 - used a quarter of a packet 1 x 1.8m Laserlite Roma Clear Roofing Sheet $25.30 Not including time to alter design and buy more timber :) it only took about 4-5 hours. We did alot of pre-drilling and sanding though so we wouldn't tear the liner, so you could do it in less time.

On the outside. Wow. It's such a good size at 648L. I am seriously tempted to start this. I just need to work out where to put it. The no digging a hole in the ground is soo appealing since we have rock hard clay in the backyard. Do you have any construction photos? :blush:

Sorry Jess I don't have any construction photos. But I could try and put some notes together if you are serious about building one. By the time you allow for sand on the bottom and calculate the water capacity based on the inside of the pond frame it worked out to be 510 Litres.

Hey that pond looks great! Good looking thing to raise bettas in!! I had visions of a glorified cooking pot with a pot plant filter with 100's of fish in there! (older members should remember that one!) Great job, so neat and pro looking ;)

Archived