My New Fish

Tuataress

Hi just thought I'd show you all my new fish I adopted this weekend. The 2 hm's are a little timid just now but the VT is a feisty little critter

Vladimir Putin

Yuri Andropov

Posted Image

Custer - looks a bit washed out here - he is starting to get some colour now

Posted Image

Heres Vladimir - must have had an important phone call and missed the upload bus!

He looks a bit snotty here - but a couple of feeds later and I think he likes me!

Posted Image

naughty Mr President fish!!

They are gorgeous Janice! I especially like the blue butterfly ^_^ May I ask where you got these fish from? Is there an untapped Perth betta resource? ^_^

Hi TraceBruno - thanks - I check out the City Farmers Fish department in Churchlands - it is where I get most of my fish. I picked up a platinum HMPK - here I'll attach a pic of him, his name is Moby.

The girl who heads the fish department - don't know if I can name her on this site - is wonderful - she also has a collection of great betta's - and she helped nurse my sick fish back to life!

as for the pink one - I'm not sure what colour you would call him, I'm still a novice betta collecter!

here's moby

Posted Image

I can't see why you can't name people when they have done good things, just not if they have done bad things!

Fantastic bettas BTW. I would call Vladimir a lavender or a pastel - If I am not wrong "lavender" IS pastel plus cambodian (light bodied) plus red (or red + blue). Whatever you call him he's lovely. The VT reminds me of one of my favourite VTs, Wraith.

I think I have Moby's twin brother! :yes: He was from Veba's Aquariums in O'Connor/Fremantle.

Posted Image

Will definitely need to check out City Farmers in Churchland! I haven't been up that way of the river for fish for a while. I believe there's another aquarium place up there that's good too, is it Aquarium City?

love the colour on all three of them! i'd call the VT an "apricot" male with mild green irid (best combo, they look awesome when they turn and swim about!). i had a male VT identicle to him :D very healthy looking fish considering they came from a store :P must be a very well kept store!

Thanks for compliments I have passed them on to the boys. They are all preening!! Custer the cellophane apricot one, the colour in his fins is getting darker! I'm really happy with him. His black eyes are really gorgeous . I bought him a larger tank today, hopefully his colour will get even deeper then! take care everyone :)

Archived