Office Improvements

PeterJ

That is excellent. Pleeeeaaaase tell me you've installed one of those Can-O-Worms units in your cubicle. Or one of those tumbling compost bins. Photos! Photos! I wanna see your corporate compost heap. OMG if you get a memo you don't like you can scrunch it up and feed it to your worms. ROFLMAO! What fish are you keeping in your office that's big enough to eat an earthworm?

Sorry Bettarazzi it's a tad lower tech than that - they're just in a styro box (it's amazing what sins you can hide in a styro box). Unlike my composting at home, the aim is not to convert daily waste to wormage, but to keep a regular food supply for the bettas - the adults take broken pieces of worm no problems. I have way too much respect for my worms too feed them memos from my office. I mostly dodge memos or, if one strays too close, I make sure I can put a colleague in front of it ;).

I have recently started in the State Govt here in Brisvegas as well after 24 long years in the Brisbane City Council. Interesting that Peter has all the gear there, but not surprising. Where I work now, I mentioned that I keep and breed Black Plakats. Everyweek, I get asked when I am bringing in some fish to enjoy the ambience of the office????? Bring in as many as you like they say. Mmmmmmm...this could be a conspiracy. I can see the headline now...Siamese Fighters take over Brisbane State Govt offices.

Makes me wonder about these folk? LOL :)

• 2 weeks later...

How would you find the time to take care of it at work?

The office I work in 5 hours a day (when I'm not working the other 5 hours in my office at home - and yes, there are 10 hours a work day), I run in late, I work flat out, I grab a banana for lunch and work through and run out late... I barely have time to rinse a coffee cup or go to the loo, let alone care for a tank!

Archived