Perth Meet-up

TraceBruno

:blink: sure we can do something too! Its a shame there isn't more of us Sandgropers on here *pokes the state* although I guess on the bright side we are all south of the river so no one would have any massive travelling times :applaud: Perhaps a few lfs such as Pet Magic, Aquotix, Perth Aquarium & Display and finish up with a coffee or something somewhere?

yep its in Kenwick just opposite bunnings. Not a huge range or selection as a general rule, but its another place to stop & they have cute kittens. They were also making the forage into marine last time I was there, so that might be of special interest to Halszka There is also Peaties (??) in Maddington (near metro) - another smallish one, but sometimes they have interesting stuff - their talking parrot is gorgeous as well. :)

Maybe we should make Pet Magic the last stop because I can almost guarantee I might buy something there! :) There's Vebas Aquariums over in O'Connor towards Fremantle but it might be a bit of a trek from Cannington? I guess the advantage of having a small (and such a fantastic) group is that we can all fit into one car as well. Let's take Mousie's van!! :)

We have to go to Veba's! Just popped in for a look today - lucky I forgot my wallet because they have definitely upped their standards in bettas. I'm going back to get the platinum plakat :cheer: Also saw an orange/blue giant plakat (absolutely stunning!), pineapple reds (are these yours Halszka?), blue DT marbles, red butterfly SDs, Black Orchid DT.. either someone's breeding some real beauties in Perth or Veba's is importing some very nice fish! All the "premium" ones are going for $32.65. They also have some really good specials on 2nd hand tanks.. which might come in handy now that I've re-discovered Veba's :cheer:

Not to add any peer pressure or anything Mouse, but I went back today to get the bettas that I wanted and took these pics of the blue/orange boy while I was there. OH goes "oh those are the Eagles colours aren't they?" and I shot him the dirtiest look :no:

So you can have him, because he's THAT team's colours!!

Sorry for the bad pics, difficult to sneak photos on our mobiles when everyone's walking around wondering what we are up to.. :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived