Sign in to follow this  
pritch33

Vcs Auction

for anyone from Melbourne that may be interested in the vcs auction heres the date so you can start saving your money Next VCS Auction ... Sat, 28 October, 2006 BRUNSWICK ROAD, MITCHAM for those who do not know of the vcs auction it is a auction run buy theVictorian Cichlid Society and open to the public allthough it has a lot of african cichlids for auction you never know what will show up on the day Ray ps it starts at 1pm

Thanks Ray! Will be sure to make it down.. nice and close to home. I'll keep your advice in mind too... Do not bid against Vien

Lol, I didn't realised it is about a month away. I still have to finish this fishroom :shifty:. Apparently, all I need to buy are 6 pieces of plasterboard and I'm done, lol. Tomorrow! Hmm, maybe next week. Cheers, Vien.

they have corydoras , catfish and some tropical fish at these auctions and plants and hardware definitely worth a visit

Edited by sara

What about baby discus? 5-7cm? Would they go cheaper then $30?

there has been the odd discus but very far and few between and you dont find to many discus under 30 dollars anywhere :cheer:

its an auction and prices vary on how many are bidding some good some bad :cheer:

Ray

Bugger :cheer: I spoke to Mishy last night and she said she has seen young Discus for about $30 in the shops. Made me wonder if you can get them cheaper in auctions :cheer: *sniffles*

You can find a bargain or two. Some fish are of high quality, others are not so good. However, I think going to the auction is about a gathering of people who are interested in fish as well. Yes, it makes us feel slightly more normal and we dont feel so embarrassed when we let loose a whole string of latin names and the other person understands. Reminds me of a time when we were at a pub with about 10 fish people and we were there happily going through breeding tips and different genera of fish and stuff like that. I stood back for a minute and thought, "Gee we must sound weird to everyone else in the pub." Again, it was only for a minute second and the thought was gone. I love the atmosphere of the auction and I like to get there early and see all the fish unloaded from the cars and brought in my the breeders. What is also interesting is that in most auction, a fish or two will come up that you have not seen alive before. Highly recommended. Bring a styrofoam box. A very good chance that you'll buy something. Cheers, Vien.

Anybody knows what time the auction end?. Will they classify the auction as livestock first then aquarium stuff or they pretty much let everything show up 1 by 1.

Edited by Erren

Lol, ya finding a girl is a bit hard for me as well. Not because they're hard to find, but because I don't have time to spend looking. rofl. Yes. Fish first, other stuff later....if I have time :) The auction goes by a first come first auctioned basis. So the first person to put in a box will have that auctioned off first and the items are anything fish related (most of the time). Cheers, Vien.

Hey vien/ray, is it the council offices that we spoke of last time we met? Erren, if it is the council offices, there's parking around the back

mish no its not the council offices that is the edas auction wich i will post when i know when it is the vcs auction is run in a scout hall there is parking in the street depending on what time you get there is how close you get to park but its not bad so dont worry there is no set finish it finishes when they have sold everthing and sorry cant remember what time the last couple finished at goods are sold in the order they arrive so there is no way of telling what is coming up for those that have not been before it is well worth having a look if you have the chance and open to all to buy and sell Ray

*rubs hands together* Yee hee.... Getting my mugging gear ready to hijack Vien's car! :cheer:

Urgent. Anybody know the exact address of scout hall in brunswick rd, mitcham. I don't want to miss this auction. I can't find any info on the address other than scout hall in brunswick rd, mitcham

well another good day allthough looking like it was going to be a very short affair it turned out ok as for buying that was a little on the quite side and no new fishies to bring home but I managed to bring home some bio balls and 3ft undergravell filter also took home two prizes from the raffle an internal filter and a heater congrats to vcs for another great day :thumb: see you all at edas auction (i think dec 2nd for those interested) Ray

Teehee.. speak for yourself Ray! Next time I WILL not be sitting next to Vien.. I came home with A tiger oscar (abt 4") A blue turq discus (hey Jessie... he was only $20!! And he's big...) a trio of cute bristlenoses Thanks to VCS for such an entertaining arvo.. and major thanks to Vienny (not quite sure if it's thanks though) for encouraging me to bid.. and spend his money <_< (I'll bring the beer next time)

Sign in to follow this