Show Standards

RedDragon

Hi All, Can anyone point me to a listing of the 'Show Standards' for bettas???? I've done a little bit of searching on the net but the only place I've found anything is on the IBC website....but the link to the standards is for members only.....which I'm not one...yet...... I've seen a few ppl mention show standards on the forum, but it's sometimes a bit hard to follow what's being discussed without having access to the standards..... :lol: Would if be worth the effort of maybe someone putting up a listing or article or something in the library or articles section.....???? Cheers Fiona

I've just posed this on the IBC website. Hopefully there will be some sort of feedback on what can be made available as its not right to expect people to turn out quality fis of the IBC type and just not let them know what that type is :lol:. There is a link to some somewhere. The Halfmoon club's standards are close to IBC and include VT, and I think they are available. The traditional plakat standard was an article before it was adopted by the IBC so that is available too. I'll do some more hunting. :)

I've found these on another forum, it's a forum from Taiwan, but the thread is in English, listing out IBC Standards for Bettas... here are the links to her forum threads (if posting the links is illegal, I'll be glad to edit them out :lol: )

IBC Standards:Halfmoon (HM) & Double tail (DT)

IBC standard: Traditional plakat (vs. show plakat)

IBC standard: Special Standards – Basis for Judging Color

IBC Standard: Crowntail (CT)

GHBBC Show Standard

EHBBC Show Standard

Oops, I forgot you need to register to read the contents... I think (if my memory serves me right) the registration is in English, clicking around should be interesting :lol: splendidbetta sure did well!! I bet it's a great feeling to register successfully on a forum that's in another language :P

The registration wasn't in English for me. I took a shot at it by entering my username in the first bar, my email address in the second, then entered my PW twice, and scrolled down to adjust the time and color scheme :P and it worked. Oh, and I have read those standards before, as they are on Bettas4all.nl :lol:

Archived