My New Aquabid Buy!

TraceBruno

Great fish Trace! I will have lot number 23 of spawn number 1 thanks. Pencil me in! In fact i May give you my credit card details so u can get me some! Do you mind telling how much u paid for em? Clinton :shifty: I see now you bought him for $25 US. How much was the spawn sister? Could you give us a break down fo expenses for you to order this pair fromausaqua until you recieved it in WA please? $25 US + Import expenses + Domestic Transportation = $ ? AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS

Great fish Trace! I will have lot number 23 of spawn number 1 thanks. Pencil me in! In fact i May give you my credit card details so u can get me some! Do you mind telling how much u paid for em?

Clinton :)

I see now you bought him for $25 US. How much was the spawn sister? Could you give us a break down fo expenses for you to order this pair fromausaqua until you recieved it in WA please?

$25 US

+ Import expenses

+ Domestic Transportation

= $ ? AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS

Thanks Clinton! Hopefully the pair make a good match. If she so much as takes a munch out his tail.. :)

:shifty:

Male was $25 USD. Spawn sister was $20 USD.

I think JL charges $25 AUD per fish for QT.

Domestic AAE charges are $40-$50 per box of fish from Eastern States to Perth.

Total = Approx $150-$160 (including domestic shipping)

I think that's right! Are there any other charges I'm forgetting?

Nope, I think that's it, unless you throw in a heat pack which adds about $6 overall (could break the bank!!). Just for Clinton's benefit, shipping by courier (as opposed to AAE) is about $20, if you are not in WA. AAE is the only option of shipping into Perth.

a lot of thai aquabid suppliers don't charge shipping to aus, but if they do it's like $7AU a fish i think. other than that i think that's all expenses covered :dontknow: it actually gets cheaper the more fish you get (because of the final shipping to your home) and some thai breeders throw in extra fish or two for free, so make sure you have some extra money one hand just in case they do :)

i wasn't looking at getting any fish personally until after i moved to tasmania, so i can't email the suppliers and ask - but i don't think the military coup would affect the transaction of the fish; so far it seems they're only restricting the times people can go out and the members of parliment :( besides, i'd imagine once they see fish in the boxes they would loose interest as they aren't a military threat LOL

Celeste, check with starwing in regards to moving fish into Tassie. Apparently they have their own quarantine laws and basically, (if my memory serves me correct) you gotta get a pet store or someone with approved quarantine facilities to bring it into tassie for you. Check with Starwing in any case.. He'll know for sure.

Archived