Chuckie

Betta Sending/receiving Services

Feel free to post a reply in here if you are willing to assist with sending/receiving bettas into/out of Melbourne.

Please identify the class of service you'd be willing to provide, eg:

Recipient of parcels

Do you accept delivery from the courier etc only or will you deliver to the owner?

if you will deliver, within what area?

will you charge for delivery? If so - how much?

your DOA/DIC (death in your custody) policy

maximum number of days that you will hold fish

what you reserve the right to do if the owner does not take delivery of the fish within the maximum time nominated by you

Sender of parcels

day(s) that you will send fish (eg, Tuesday at the latest)

day that the fish must be provided to you (eg same day as courier pick-up, night before, Sunday for a pick-up on Tuesday)

Packaging assistance - ie whether you will double-bag and pack the fish and label the parcel, etc, or must the owner bring the parcel packed and ready to go?

whether you supply bags/boxes/heatpacks etc or owner must supply their own

your "DIC" or death in transit policy

your charge per fish/parcel (if any) and by whom is it payable (sender or recipient)

whether charges are payable up-front

whether you have your own courier labels/account or require funding to assist in purchase of start up

Recipient of Parcels

I will Only accept delivery from the courier.

You can pick up from Cranbourne or Docklands(Only Sunday)

If your fish Is DOA u will be contacted straight away so u can contact the seller

I will Hold fish for 25 days.

After 20 days its $2 a day, After 25 days The Fish Become mine.

Of Course If special arrangement is made i can hold fish for the amount of time u need.

Also if u go on holidays i am happy to look after your bettas for you.

Recipient of parcels

Do you accept delivery from the courier etc only or will you deliver to the owner?

AAE requires us to pick them up from airport. so in that case i dont mind picking fish up from airport.

owners can share the pickup petrol/Etag price (fair?)

if you will deliver, within what area?

I live in clayton, so i am able to deliver anything 10Km around my area. BEST to pick up at my house if desired.

will you charge for delivery? If so - how much?

anything above the 10Km region from clayton, just the petrol required (humm, Subaru WRX does drink a fair bit, FYI)

your DOA/DIC (death in your custody) policy

Fish Bags will not be open at all. DOA/DIC will not be my responsibility.

Pls get sender to name bags accordingly n individually to avoid confusion. (if more than one buyer form one place)

maximum number of days that you will hold fish

Two Days. Owner must contact me within Fish Time of arrival until 48 hrs. from that time. (the fish will start getting hungry i suppose, at least)

what you reserve the right to do if the owner does not take delivery of the fish within the maximum time nominated by you

i think the harshest penalty to any fish crazy person would be to confiscate the fish. This will be the Staple thought for the moment i believe.

Sender of parcels

day(s) that you will send fish (eg, Tuesday at the latest)

N/A

day that the fish must be provided to you (eg same day as courier pick-up, night before, Sunday for a pick-up on Tuesday)

N/A

Packaging assistance - ie whether you will double-bag and pack the fish and label the parcel, etc, or must the owner bring the parcel packed and ready to go?

whether you supply bags/boxes/heatpacks etc or owner must supply their own

supplies at purchasers costs

your "DIC" or death in transit policy

money or replacement fish (if available)

your charge per fish/parcel (if any) and by whom is it payable (sender or recipient)

???

whether charges are payable up-front

need to set up account :whistling:

whether you have your own courier labels/account or require funding to assist in purchase of start up

require funding

FEW Notes.

1) Assiting in fish pick up in Airport is not really a drama, so long owners of fishes are willing to at least assist in the fuel/Etag charges.

2) Fishes arriving from shipment (that are not mine of course), WILL NOT get their bags open AT ALL. unless the double bag is leaking (very unlikely). That also means that fish will not eat during that period of time, until owner picks them up.

3) DUC (Death under custody) as above. Fish bags will not be open, so if fish die during this transition, i will not be held responsible. I will keep the "proof", fish in the closed bag. for owners perusal.

4) pls be mindful ( i know you all are), that this is an assistance service. i am not earning or even thinking of earning any money in providing this service.

sorry if im unnecisarily resurrecting an old thread here.

does anyone still provide this kind of service? I'm interested in importing some Bettas soon but I'm worried if I get it couriered to my house it will sit outside and get too cold before I get home from work.

would it be crazy to try and tee up my LFS to recieve the fish and keep an eye on if until I could come pick it up?