Sign in to follow this  
Chuckie

Betta Sending/receiving Services

It has been pointed out to me that "transhipper" is a misleading expression in this context so I have changed the title.

Feel free to post a reply in here if you are willing to assist with sending or receiving bettas into/out of Sydney.

Please identify the class of service you'd be willing to provide, eg:

Recipient of parcels

Do you accept delivery from the courier etc only or will you deliver to the owner?

if you will deliver, within what area?

will you charge for delivery? If so - how much?

your DOA/DIC (death in your custody) policy

maximum number of days that you will hold fish

what you reserve the right to do if the owner does not take delivery of the fish within the maximum time nominated by you

Sender of parcels

day(s) that you will send fish (eg, Tuesday at the latest)

day that the fish must be provided to you (eg same day as courier pick-up, night before, Sunday for a pick-up on Tuesday)

Packaging assistance - ie whether you will double-bag and pack the fish and label the parcel, etc, or must the owner bring the parcel packed and ready to go?

whether you supply bags/boxes/heatpacks etc or owner must supply their own

your "DIC" or death in transit policy

your charge per fish/parcel (if any) and by whom is it payable (sender or recipient)

whether charges are payable up-front

whether you have your own courier labels/account or require funding to assist in purchase of start up

Edited by Lilli

Recipient of parcels only

Do you accept delivery from the courier etc only or will you deliver to the owner?

I accept delivery only. I will only accept delivery on behalf of people who have a legitimate reason not to have the bettas sent to themselves directly, as this is an inconvenience to me.

I prefer to hand fish over to owner in CBD, or alternatively if I know you and you're not a stalker you can pick up from my house.

Owner must make arrangements with me as to how the fish will be retrieved before directing that they be delivered to me.

Owner and sender should provide me with an emergency contact phone no.

Owner and sender must liaise with me as to convenient dates for delivery before sending the fish. I (as well as the owner) should be provided by PM with the tracking no and advised once fish are in transit.

I will not be responsible for calling couriers or chasing senders to find out where parcels are.

I cannot pick up mis-delivered parcels from the depot!

In special circumstances I will deliver (eg to friends, or locally). In those circumstances I will not charge for delivery.

See above.

I undertake to open the parcel and float the bags in tropical tank water. Unless the fish are with me more than 3 days (or have been in transit for more than 3 days) I will not open the bag.

If the fish have been bagged more than 3 days I will open the bag to permit air exchange, and I will do a small water change.

I accept no responsibility if the fish are found by the owner to have symptoms of a disease after being in my possession. I do NOT use water from a populated tank for any water change and so cannot have been the cause of the infection.

I will not feed the fish. 5 days without eating is fine, and being hungry is better than having ammonia burns.

I will take the same level of care of the fish that I would take of my own. I accept no responsibility if the fish die, chew their fins, or develop an illness either during or after their time in my care.

5 (unless special arrangements are made beforehand, or in exceptional circumstances).

what you reserve the right to do if the owner does not take delivery of the fish within the maximum time nominated by you

I would only consider taking any steps at all in very rare circumstances, eg complete lack of response by the owner to messages, or repeated inconvenience/broken promises.

In those circumstances, I reserve the right to spawn the fish or give it away. I only have finite resources, I am not "Lilli's home for unloved bettas" :drool:

Sender of parcels?

unfortunately at this time I cannot volunteer to be at people's disposal for the sending of parcels.

However, if I am arranging a shipment of my own and I feel generous I will advertise in the Classifieds to see if anyone has fish to send with mine (in for a penny, in for a pound). If so, I will decribe the terms and conditions of my sending the fish within that post.

Hope that's of some use!

Edited by Lilli

I have no transport so currently I am limited to accepting from the courier only. I WILL NOT ACCEPT COD and I do not check inside the boxes prior to signing unless there is obvious signs of tampering.

See above

See above

"All care but no responsibility" If a fish is DOA on arrival, I will photograph and contact the supplier to notify. If this fish is in between dead and alive in the bag I will photograph and attempt to revive.

If the fish is alive and well and in sufficient water I will float the bag for 24 hours awaiting collection. After that, the fish will be transferred to a jar WITHOUT shared water.

Arrangements can be made prior to arrival of the package should pick-up be more than 24 hours after delivery. Maximum holding period is 1 week.

What you reserve the right to do if the owner does not take delivery of the fish within the maximum time nominated by you

If contact and arrangements have not been made, should the 7 days pass without collection the fish may be 1) returned to the supplier at the original purchaser's expense or 2) sold on by the original supplier to another interested party 3) kept by myself. Arrangements in this area will be made in consultation with the importer if that is possible.

What WILL NOT happen is that someone will get a fish sent to me, default on pick-up and expect for me to pay for it and hold it until they get funds.

Buyer is solely responsible for all charges relating to the purchase and transport of the fish.

I will NOT be held responsible for payments to breeders, shippers, importers or transhippers. That is not fair and will spoil it for everyone.

Sign in to follow this