Sign in to follow this  
Chuckie

Betta Sending/receiving Services

Feel free to post a reply in here if you are willing to assist with sending/receiving bettas into/out of Perth.

Please identify the class of service you'd be willing to provide, eg:

Recipient of parcels

Do you accept delivery from the courier etc only or will you deliver to the owner?

if you will deliver, within what area?

will you charge for delivery? If so - how much?

your DOA/DIC (death in your custody) policy

maximum number of days that you will hold fish

what you reserve the right to do if the owner does not take delivery of the fish within the maximum time nominated by you

Sender of parcels

day(s) that you will send fish (eg, Tuesday at the latest)

day that the fish must be provided to you (eg same day as courier pick-up, night before, Sunday for a pick-up on Tuesday)

Packaging assistance - ie whether you will double-bag and pack the fish and label the parcel, etc, or must the owner bring the parcel packed and ready to go?

whether you supply bags/boxes/heatpacks etc or owner must supply their own

your "DIC" or death in transit policy

your charge per fish/parcel (if any) and by whom is it payable (sender or recipient)

whether charges are payable up-front

whether you have your own courier labels/account or require funding to assist in purchase of start up

Recipient of Parcels Only

Do you accept delivery from the courier etc only or will you deliver to the owner?

The only way to receive live fish into WA is by Australian Air Express (AAE) and pick-up of the parcel is required from the International Airport. I can pick-up parcels from the International Airport provided you let me know at least 48 hours in advance regarding the day the parcel is arriving, and give me at least 24 hours notice regarding the approximate time of arrival.

I can deliver fish after work hours (ie. after 4:30 PM) and on weekends to some South of the River and Eastern Suburbs. I work in West Perth, so can arrange for fish to be picked up Monday - Friday during work hours (8:00 AM to 4:30 PM) from me in the West Perth / CBD area. Friends can also pick-up from my home in Gosnells at an arranged time.

Owner must make arrangements with me as to how the fish will be retrieved before directing that I pick-up the fish from the International Airport. Owner and sender must also provide me with their e-mail address, address (owner only) and an emergency contact phone number.

Owner and sender must liaise with me as to convenient dates for delivery before sending the fish. I (as well as the owner) should be provided by PM with the tracking numbers and advised once fish are in transit.

I will not be responsible for calling AAE or chasing senders to find out where parcels are or what time they will arrive in Perth.

All fish and shipping costs must be paid for prior to arrival in Perth. I will not pick-up fish that have not been paid for - these facts must be confirmed by both the owner and the sender prior to delivery.

If you will deliver, within what area?

See above.

Will you charge for delivery? If so - how much?

This is dependant on where I need to deliver to. Please PM me for details.

Your DOA/DIC (death in your custody) Policy

I undertake to open the parcel and float the bags in tropical tank water if I am not delivering the fish immediately. I will not open the bag, feed the fish or do any water changes.

I accept no responsibility if the fish are found by the owner to have symptoms of a disease after being in my possession. I will not open the bag and so cannot have been the cause of any infection.

I will take the same level of care of the fish that I would take of my own. I accept no responsibility if the fish die, chew their fins, or develop an illness either during or after their time in my care.

Maximum number of days that you will hold fish:

2 days, unless organised with me prior to the delivery in special circumstances.

What you reserve the right to do if the owner does not take delivery of the fish within the maximum time nominated by you:

In very rare circumstances, eg. complete lack of response by the owner to messages, I reserve the right to take ownership of the fish at no cost to myself.

Sign in to follow this