Hello

dyslexicdaver

Hi I’m Dave from the northern beaches of Sydney I have a planted Aquarium with Tetra’s, Cory’s a nice platinum Angel fish , etc As for Bettas I’m down to 3 Male crowntails, A Plakat pair the only survivors of my first betta spawn. and a copper black female & male from a spawn of a lovely Red/ copper /black halfmoon from Preecha Ammara. Bought my first halfmoon Bettas in 2004 and have had some great looking fish over the years but a few catastrophes and deaths after attempted breeding have left the tanks looking bare. Other hobbies (latest in a long line) Radio controlled “fast” electric boats (supposedly for my son). someone pointed me to this site when I enquired if she was still importing Bettas. And thanks Mouse for sorting out my validation.

Mouse, My planted tank is 3 foot (about 120 litres) I took about 18 months before it settled down and algea was not a problem. I did have to watch as my most expensive plant "Madagascar Lace" was slowly eaten away by the Angel fish. They are supposed to have a dorment period but after a year of being "Dorment" I figured it was just dead. Callatya No relation to Dangerous Dave (except when driving home from work) Dave

I love madagascar lace. It's an aponogeton isn't it? If so, they do have a dormant period, and need a season of cooler water to regenerate. Maybe put the corm in the fridge for a couple of days and then re-plant it in your tank? Not sure if it will work but it's worth a shot, and better than trashing such a beautiful plant.

Archived