Sign in to follow this  
RedDragon

Shipping Bettas Between States

that's the one! I read somewhere about them ages ago but had never found who made them. How do you always find this stuff tracey? You are like ausaqua personal search engine :( at least i know who to come to if i can't find info on something :thumbs:

alrighty :scared: i should stock up on them before my parents sell their supermarket LOL

normal fish bags, I mean! LOL! Not the super-duper oxygen transfer type.

we had about 60 non holey LPDE plastic bags at the shop :drool: i'd imagine they'd do for putting fish in over short periods of time no?? they're food grade and 12" x 8" :((

the seals aren't designed to be watertight, so under pressure they tend to split, but tyhey'd do well for the outer bag :drool:

I might have a lead on someone willing to do transhipping to and from Brissy for us, at least for 6 - 12 months. One of my friends from work will be going on materity leave for 6 months start at the begining of next year and then coming back to work 4 days a week (having Mondays off) for the second half of the year, and she is considering doing the sending / receiving of fish (and delivery / pickup service) for us. She is used to organising couriers etc (she was doing this until recently for our company), although we'd have to teach her how to package fish for shipping. I've invited her along to the BBQ on Sunday 1st October....so if she can make it, we can all discuss the possibility of transhipping from Brissy.

Guys, I have started some threads in the Classifieds where people interested in sending/receiving fish on behalf of others can put up some details.

The threads are pinned here:

http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showforum=13

If you're in a non-metropolitan area and want to start a thread that the Syd/Melb/Bris/Perth threads don't cover, knock yourself out! Also feel free to add as much or as little detail as you want - my suggestions are just that.

Cheers

Lisa

:drool: Very cool Lilli.....we're actually starting to look organised... Hopefully we'll get volunteers in each major city for this service......and we can start shipping more fish around...

I know - amazing what people power can achieve, isn't it? PS - I changed the name of this thread and the Classifieds threads, as there has been some confusion - people think that by "transhipping" we mean "importing" whereas we are really just talking about domestic couriering of fish, and accepting delivery of fish sent within Australia.

Edited by Lilli

just blurt them out :) i'm sure they're questions everyone has thought of at some time or another and we can help answer them for you ;)

have a look at the threads stickied in the classifieds forum, they will probably answer a LOT of questions.

Sign in to follow this