Metallic Blue Hms From Nick

splendidbetta

The pics just don't do them any justice at all. It is just so hard to catch what they look like in real life. Take M9 for example - He looks amazing in RL - and fantastic deportment too! These fish are living gems. - And this is not a paid advertisement.

Metallic Royal Blue HM Male, "Emerald Warrior"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great to see your happy with your fish from Nick too splendidbetta. Seems like my catch cry is catching on "this is not a paid advertisement." ^_^ He does look amazing. I have been photographig mine and found that The mettalics photgraph a greeny colour when they are more blue. Withou the flash it doesn't pick up the mettalicness. (?)

Thanks for your responses guys ^_^ Yes, I am in love with these fish :P I've found that they photograph more blue, while under proper lighting they are grass-green/turquoise. Could be my settings. I am somewhat uncertain about whether the 2 fish straight from the growouts are steel or royal blue, but at this stage they appear steel metallic. Since they are still fresh from the growout they should develop their color more as time goes by, and I'll be able to tell for sure. I have plans to breed the first 2 fish to eachother, but I haven't made up my mind about which of my other fish I'll be breeding yet.

Oh, if you are wondering about the names of the first 2 fish, I submitted them into a Virtual Betta Show hosted by Bettysplendens.com. ( http://bettysplendens.com/articles/catview.imp?catid=898 ), and it is compulsory to name them. I don't normally name my fish.

And don't you guys think that these fish bear a resemblance to Victoria Parnell's metallic greens?

http://bettysplendens.com/articles/page.imp?articleid=1431

• 4 weeks later...

Archived