Hi To All

luckster

Hi guys, I'm completely new to Betta's but have an insatiable appetite for knowledge :P Really looking forward to learning a lot from all here, and to chatting with you. I currently have a 100+ litre tank populated with 12 fancy guppies, 2 Bristlenoses and 2 albino Cory's. Have just started cycling a 16 litre tank to house my first Betta which I hope to purchase this weekend. One of the BN's from the community tank ("Jaws") will probably be his room-mate. Not sure what I'll end up with but hope there'll be a good choice to pick from....no space or money for more tanks :P Cheers for now from Luckster.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. As of today, no fishy friends yet but hopefully before lunch time tomorrow :) Hi Callatya, with Guppies, I have 3 neon blues ("Rocket", "Sonic" and "Copper-head"), a sunset orange ("Blue"), a junior spadetail ("2 tailed shrimp"), a green leopard-tail ("Tiger tail"), 2 zebra-tail types from Japan ("Opal" and "Sushi"), 2 orange fantails ("Flash" and "Fan"), a yellow ("Diva"...the squadron leader), and another that escapes my aging memory :) Hope to form many on-line friendships.

Welcome Luckster. 

You think you'll stop at just one betta?  Did anyone warn you about their addictiveness?  What flavour betta have you chosen and where will you get it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was afraid you'd say that Bren :)

Seriously though, finance and space are kill-joys as my wife doesn't want me keeping our friends in too small a container.....perhaps at work and out of sight :)

I made initial contact with Najina and Pat the other day, but its hard to resist starting immediately this weekend. I'm planning to do the rounds again starting with Jade in Box Hill, but I may very well end up with the ubiquitous beginner's VT from elsewhere e.g. the turquoise marbles at Fish and Feather if they're still there.

Cheers

Thanks Mouse, everyone here is kind and helpful....a strong contrast to the AFL Football forums i'm in :lol: Heidi, I guess i've been very lucky as a beginner. To have such beautiful fish as Betta's and Guppies considered in the "easy care" category is a bonus. The experienced people here are right, what started out as a strong protest to my wife wanting to keep fish is now the other way round....she's trying to stop me getting more :hug:

Thanks Mouse, everyone here is kind and helpful....a strong contrast to the AFL Football forums i'm in

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does get pretty feral on the footy forums eh? GB and I spend a fair bit of time on a few although I don't post much (GB makes up for more than my fair share :hug:)

Hi guys, It must be this site..contagious ! :(( I've got my beginner's VT now (red and named "Sauce-head") and really enjoying. Trouble is already plotting for more, probably two girls...a white with red fin Cambo and one with purplish hues ;) Where does it end.... :lol:

Archived