Melbourne Fish Crawl?

Leema

id be happy to join in visiting a couple of stores but thats about all , ive suffered a huge loss this week my catfish tank got ick and ive lost pretty much my entire peppermint colony plus i think ive got more losses to follow , hope a plan might be made for the cheers Sarah

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm hmm tempting. If i pressume correct 7 people = 2 cars = spare seats? What's the quality of bettas in melb fish shops like these days anyway? been yonks since i've stepped foot in one. Melb fish shops that is, not a fish itself, i've never done that.

whereabouts in Chaddy did you want to meet? It's kinda umm.. big At this stage, it looks like if Leema gets on the 9:11 train from Melbourne Central, she'll be picked up at 940, which means we'll hit chaddy at about 1010... otherwise add an extra half hour. (trains timetable) Working off that, Leema and I will be able to make it on the 10 past or 20 to the hour

From Oakleigh train station on the Pakenham Cranbourne lines there's half a dozen buses to Chadstone and it's almost the first stop. Some of us brave Oakleighians just walk there... altho Oakleigh has better shopping IMHO. Anybody want red cts on Sunday? Maybe I can organise something... altho I dont have bags at the mo... hmmm.

Wow, it turned out to be a great day. The weather treated us really well and I was sound asleep when Ray (Pritch33) called my mobile. Anyway, I didn't make it till about half way and it was good meeting a bunch of keen fishie people. Although going through the stores I realise Melbourne needs a big influx of showbettas ;). They'll need someone to advertise the facts to shops. I might set up a rack against the wall in the fishroom with 2litre jars for some bettas after all. In any case, it was a beautiful day for a drive and I did end up buying some fish after everyone left, lol. I scored myself 18 common hatchetfish. They are doing beautifully in my planted tank. What is really awesome about them is that I picked them up for $45 and they're normally $10-15 each. So $45 for $180 worth aint too bad a bargain! :D One thing I did noticed, a lot of shops sure kept the betters in shallow compartments and their finnage are nothing compared to any of the fish I see on this forum. Now, I think its time to start filling up the debit card for some auction activities. Leema, I hope you enjoyed Melbourne and maybe we'll see you again. Nice meeting the others as well. On that note, I might visit some more aquariums on Mon, hmm, maybe not. Maybe I'll visit a friend....but they're close to an aquarium....so maybe just a little peek? Hmmm, 5 mins for the friend, 2 hours in the aquarium! :D Cheers, Vien.

Archived