Where Are You Hiding Them?

Berryfriendly

I know that DT's, HM's and PK's are probably the most sort after fish ATM but where are all the CT's? Surely I'm not the only one who likes them ... After reading through several posts i noticed that only a few of us seem to breed CT's. I love my CT's and wish i could find more colours to choose from. Where are they all hiding?

I have heaps of stunners from Preecha in Thailand at the moment. Really nice long rays, not international show quality - but certainly good fish. Red, blue (some with red ventrals), dayak, multi and all colours in between. $10each - no pics but I'll select the best form from your colour choice. Cheers, J

Yes I know they (Najrick) are cause I got one of their red girls a few months ago. And i am getting a green pair from Debstep this week. I Love CT's but I don't want to keep breeding them and then be stuck with hundreds of fish i can't sell. I guess i was just wondering if other people like CT's or not?

if u cdn't sell them over the net, u cud still sell them to pet stores, as CT's are still a pretty popular fish with the public ;):D I've actually had several ppl (friends, family membs etc ) ask if I was breeding the "frilly tailed" ones ;) When I said, oh u mean CT, they were like yeah, but no I don't :D

Except in winter. Pet shops don't sell bettas in winter. I think it's because they rely on the store heating for betta tanks and the stores are too cold for bettas too look any good... AND they all want big bettas, so you can't sell them young. Trust me... I'm waterchanging for 30+ CTs and no idea what to do with them... and these are far prettier than any of the others I've ever sold. Methinks my betta breeding days are over.

Don't give up Bren. I love your fish. I just live too far away :D As for selling to lfs, in 3 different shops this week i have seen bettas for sale no bigger than this ____________ including their tails. I'm not kidding. These things were tiny but still priced at $10 to $15 each. My lfs has told me they would buy them but they don't look after their fish. I just can't do it to my babies. They deserve better.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came across this thread so apologies for the late post. I love CT'S too and find here in South Oz that you get the same colours over and over again. Females were really hard to find but more around these dayse except they are sometimes tiny. I wish I could find some of the really amazing colours you see on aquabid but I'm yet to see any at all. Bring on the CT'S.

Archived