Lilli

Chuckie

Hello there! My name is Lisa and I have been keeping fish independently (in the sense of not the goldfish tank set up by my dad or the gambusia in the backyaed pond) since I was about 13. Back then I fell in love with koi when I visited an aquarium on a trip to England, with my uncle Len, and decided that I had to have my own. For my 13th or 14th birthday that year I received a 2nd hand 4' tank with a stand and UGF (we had some fun working THAT out, being a non-fish household and there being no internet in the olden days). I put koi in it. And none died from it, LOL! After that I met my husband and we installed a 6' tank at his house (we were not married yet, I was only 14!) and put koi in that. I used my newly vacated 4' for a tiger oscar. He ended up hating me as I accidentally sucked him with a siphon hose. He never forgave me, LOL, he would cower wehn I approached the tank. Me and hubs later built a koi pond out of a 2nd hand pool with decking and everything and grew some enormous Koi. Some of my favourites were Which Bank, who looked for some reason like a dolphin in a bank for the CBA, and Red KNob, who was orange.... and kind of looked like a knob?? I also had a show quality Showa Sanshoku which quicky committed hari kari, and a tancho kohaku ginrin (you'll have to google them, no digital cameras back then either :P ). We then moved onto more and more fish and tanks. I have had a 4' coldwater native marine tank (caught the fish ourselves, observed them for a few weeks then let them go), 4' brackish tank with monos and archers and scats, 6' community tanks, 4' serious planted tanks (not as nice as Mango's but) big cichlids including jaguar cichlids and severums as well as oscars, Africans (faves were N bricahrdi but I have always wanted occellatus), saratoga and salmon cats, and last but not least, bettas!! I have been seriously into bettas since i discovered the old ABB in january 2004 and realised you CAN get CTs and HMs here. Fro m there, it's just been crazy at my house. I have a room upstairs and a wall in the garage dedicated to bettas. ok, I think that's enough of an intro, LOL!

Archived