Platinum Mossy Green Barbs

Phil

Has anyone seen these at their LFS? I saw some on the weekend at the place i got the koi from and they are absolutely magnificent. I am thinking of getting a school of them, i was thinking some tiger barbs before i saw these! Cheers Phil

Ive got no pics :cheer::applaud: I tried to take one with my phone while i was there but they didnt come out any good cause they were moving too fast. They seem to be that dark colour all over, with black fins, some red in there and a metallic sheen all over the top. If you can imagine that :lookaround::applaud:

Well i compared them to the normal Mossys there but the colour was over the whole fish, where the mossys seemed to be kinda patchy and over most of the fish. I will deffently be getting some so will take some pics :lookaround:

Yep, it certaily is Robbie :):)

Now here are some photos, bad ones, but you get an idea. They are emerald green all over with black fins, such a beautiful fish in real life, remind me sorta of silver sharks with the fins.

With the flash they are this colour, just abit of green:

Posted Image

And without flash, the magic happens :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

If only the intensity would come out in the photos.

Well Just for Robbie i forced myself to go and buy 6 of them after work. So will have some pics tonight :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You 'forced' yourself did ya?

....Common Phil, pull the other one :) .

They are impressive, very different.

I still don't think I'd be inclined to buy a nippy fishy.

Although I shouldn't really talk should I, not with my suburban zoo :) . Who knows what bizzare creature might find it's way to my place :) .

Im sure you could squeeze a few more animals in there :) If you keep them in groups of 6+ they usually keep the nastyness to themselves. I want to get some other fish that will tolerate them though. I am thinking a couple silver sharks but not sure about anything else.

You should see them today now they have settled in, even better! :) I think they would go fine in your tank robbie, but to be safe i would say have atlest 5 or 6. Plus the other fish you have in there would all be able to stand their ground ;) i think they were $8.25ea but we would have to ask a certain lady who :wacko: couriers to send them to you ;)

Or you could drive over to Melb... we have heaps of these pests :D :D I noticed though, that the aquariums around town seem to be stocking alot of tetras lately.. ... and no, Robbie, I won't drive them over for ya. Looks like Adelaide trip may be off or delayed (we're going into training with our car :D... AND i'm getting itchy feet to visit Brisvegas again)

Archived