Hello

Celeste84

hi, guess i have to do this before i can become an active forum member so here goes nothing. my name's celeste and i live in nsw, i keep/breed bettas (and apple snails LOL) as a hobby (want to get serious about it eventually and set up a proper fish room) and i want to move onto killifish and axolotyls eventually :) i keep a lot of pets, birds, rabbits, cats, etc..my cats are my babies, but my fish are a passion i guess you'd say :) i've got a cambo HM BF male, a copper red DT PK male, a black fire tail CT male, an apricot VT male, an unknown female (waiting for the babies to grow to find out if she's a VT or not), a copper HM female, a platinum CT female, 3 cambo fry and 17 combtail fry growing out atm :) i'm getting 2-3 more female CT's on saturday. i did have a platinum SD girl and two cambo HM girls, but i went away and they got sick and died from a virulent true fungal infection combined with white spot. my sister was really upset she lost them, but there was no way she could have saved them, i also lost a platinum CT male to this at the same time. two of my cambo fry are males, i'm desperately hoping that the third is a little girl because one of the young males has a purple irid over his body/fins so i'd like to try and breed that trait in a cambo line. well i guess that's all from me, have a good day ya'll :)

i'm not a very good photographer, but i do have some pics :);; and yeah i love my applesnails too, my biggest pair are the size of tennis balls almost!

this is ember, my firetail.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

his biggest son is turning out to be an almost exact replica of him :)

my copper girl

Posted Image

TBC...

thanks :) i also got a cambo DRCT girl, a purple/red DTCT girl, a green DRCT girl and a little black lace/copper 4-6 ray HM male today at the pet store :P they got the little guy sent over as a girl, and he was quite beat up and has mild pop-eye in one eye when i rescued him, but for $8 i'm not gonna complain, i'll just nurse him back to health LOL unfortunatly the cambo and purple girls ganged up on the green while i was at work and destroyed all her fins and ripped off a good 25% of her scales :< i'm treating her with a broad range of medicines to try and prevent her getting any diseases, but i dunno if she'll pull through, which is sad because she's a bright grass green colour :< there was a pastel purple/white/red CT male there today and i SO wanted to buy him, but, i don't have any tanks left :blush:;;

thanks :"> i've seen your fish around a lot, and i must say i LOVE the DT coppers :"> hope i get a chance to get some one day! (damn lack of tanks!)

this is a pic of the little HM boy i rescued, he's smaller than my largest females, and half the size of my juvie boys :cheer: i'd say he's only 2 months old max. you can see the popeye and how badly the girls beat him up, but he nearly ate today so it's looking up for him :)

Posted Image

Archived