Hi

candra

Hi, Just want to introduce myself quickly :-) My name is Candra. I've "inherited" some fighting fish (or so called bettas, until I found out couple of months ago) from previous tenant of my apartment, who also introduced me to join this forum, Edie. He gave me some of his stock when he moved out of the place and now I've got a bunch of his lines. He thought me everything about breeding bettas and to my surprise, now I've got so many of them -- well, one spawn was his, I was just growing them bigger :-) I also imported some of fish through someone recently. Anyway, I will be posting to the classifieds section soon for them (tried to access it but failed cause I didn't introduce myself on this section yet). Cheers

Hi Candra, Welcome to the forum. We have spoken before via email. I didn't realise you were connected with Edie. I have had many of Edies Golds, but have never been lucky enough to spawn any......which is very frustrating because they are magnificent looking fish. Cheers Nick

Thanks everyone for warmth welcome :-) I need to buy small tank for taking pictures sometime next week and started to practice taking betta pictures. I'm still not quite sure whether Eddie's suggestion on not cleaning tank was a good idea, but I have kept some tanks uncleaned and it seems to work for my fish. By the way, anybody knows how to clean algae from tank and heater? Hi Nick, yes, I contacted you last time about your gold dragon since I wanted to cross your dragon male to my dragon female :-)

Hi Candra! Glad to hear that Edie's bits and bobs are getting some use :) I don't know how Edie used to do it, the tanks were almost solid waste down the bottom, and the fish were splendid! Maybe its just a very lucky bit of piping so you guys get better water to start with! :welcome:

Welcome Candra! Now, you have started out with top fish! People will be envious and will love you dearly if you breed Edie's Bettas. You'll be able to access the classifieds after 5 posts (I think) Won't take long, well, I hope not for your sake! :welcome:

I don't know how Edie used to do it, the tanks were almost solid waste down the bottom, and the fish were splendid! Maybe its just a very lucky bit of piping so you guys get better water to start with! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did he have soil under the gravel or heavily planted? (I tried to post an article about this method in the library but it vanished into the fishy mists... it looks like a method that would work great with bettas tho).

Welcome to the forums, Candra! Lucky inheritance!

edie's tanks were the inspiration for the minimal water-change regime I now employ. I suspect that with all the organic matter the water was quite acidic, so that the ammonia became non-toxic. :welcome:

Archived