G'day

BDP

thanks! I currently have a 4 foot community tank with platys, neons, white clouds, a flying fox, some bristlenose cats, bleeding heart tetras, flame tetras, a female betta, tiger barb and some swordtails. I also have a 2 foot tank with my male CT betta, a few harlequin rasboras and a chocolate gourami. And lastly i have a 18 inch tank which is holding some 3 month old bettas I bred (nothing special, just for fun more than anything else) and I'm from Sydney, I've basically just started to keep fish again this year.

yeh the choices are pretty much endless haha but i usually go for the hardier species for that tank. The bettas I bred were basically a trial run for something a little fancier in future, the parents were a red and blue CT male and a blue VT female. So far there are about 5 bigger ones and 5 runts from an original 20. three of the larger males are red with bits of blue and the other is a nice bright blue with bits of red, who'd have thought huh :P

Posted Image

Thats one of the little males ,they arent anything fancy but they are still fun little fish

they arent anything fancy but they are still fun little fish

It doesn't matter if your betta is one of the fancier types or not. He is still a great looking fish.

All bettas are great fish at the end of the day. We love our VT's as much as any of the others we have and personally I like the female bettas more than the males. They may not have the finnage but they have just as much colour and heaps of personality.

Pat.

oh i agree najrick, they all get a good home here or with my friends :P, faewyn thanks but I'm still unsure as to their tail type, I've been looking around and found some CT fry pics that look similar but i still dont know! when would the rays begin getting longer to identify them as a crowntail or combtail?

Archived